Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great Fan-Made Documentary Ripping the Padres

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Just got done watching it. I'm a mini STH so I obviously support the Padres financially as well as emotionally however it's hard to argue with everything that is said.

I think the ownership needs to sign Headley ASAP. While they can say the payroll will start with a 4 or say they are going to do this, most of it gets brushed over. However, they did say that they will keep home grown talent that wants to be here and fans have really took that to heart. Granted they said it as they were signing Hundley, Maybin, and Luebke to extensions who have all disappointed in different ways. Now Chase is a cornerstone of a franchise and I think the ownership will lose the fan base if he is dealt or not resigned, even if we get a kings ransom back.

At the end of the day, it's hard to compete year in and year out. Seattle just signed Felix to a long term deal. It would be nice to be able to buy a Padres jersey of a player you knew was going to be around for a while.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
The guy makes several good points. I went to 2 or 3 games last year. I'm not really itching to go to any games this year. I'll go to Spring Training, I'll go to the Fan Fest this Saturday... but there's not a lot to get excited about for 2013.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Just got done watching it. I'm a mini STH so I obviously support the Padres financially as well as emotionally however it's hard to argue with everything that is said.

I think the ownership needs to sign Headley ASAP. While they can say the payroll will start with a 4 or say they are going to do this, most of it gets brushed over. However, they did say that they will keep home grown talent that wants to be here and fans have really took that to heart. Granted they said it as they were signing Hundley, Maybin, and Luebke to extensions who have all disappointed in different ways. Now Chase is a cornerstone of a franchise and I think the ownership will lose the fan base if he is dealt or not resigned, even if we get a kings ransom back.

At the end of the day, it's hard to compete year in and year out. Seattle just signed Felix to a long term deal. It would be nice to be able to buy a Padres jersey of a player you knew was going to be around for a while.

And why do you think I haven't purchased an astros jersey in like 6 freaking years?

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
This is important to all of the major leagues because of how it affects competitive balance and greedy ownership.

It hits home for some Mariners fans like me. Despite the King Felix extension, I am unconvinced that the M's are suddenly interested in competing. But after watching that Padres doc, I guess I should be grateful?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts