Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Koufax Game Used

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronniedp23

Apr 13, 2011
The High Desert, California
So, a while back I bought a box of Tier One on a whim, having absolutely no idea about what kind of product it was, I don't open or trade much in baseball, and when I do I'm typically after specific players.. 2 minutes after I bought it a friend told me it was pretty awful. The autos out of that box were terrible, but I got one card, the memorabilia card, that is one of my favorite cards I've ever pulled. Its a great image, and with GU memorabilia /99 its a good card in any product IMO.

KoufaxGU.jpg

What do you guys think?

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
I love the Vintage style jersey/patches that they use for older players. Its a nice card for sure, the only problem I have with (Newer Topps) is that the pieces in it do not state what its from (Jersey, Shoe, Hat, t-shirt, ect ect) and more than likely, being how cheap topps has been with vintage memorbilia over the years, its probably a piece of the pants from koufax as pants always sell cheaper. Then again they have put out various pieces like this:

SandyKoufaxPatch2of3.jpg

Showing the Blue Wool patch, which unless pants back then had blue lettering it is more than likely from a jersey so they have jersey pieces of koufax in their inventory. With all this said, that Koufax card is still sweet and atleast the memorbilia in it is or looks of vintage material.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I got one of the 2013 Topps GU and I think the blue "patch" is from those sleeve things he is wearing in the pic though I am not certain.

Latest posts