Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The FCB Prospect Hot List Volume 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
[h=2]The FCB Prospect Hot List, Issue 3[/h] JP Schwartz / March 21, 2013 / No comments / Edit
Jorge-Soler.jpg
FCB Prospect Hot List, Issue 3
My final Hot List of spring training features more prospects who have made an excellent impression on their teams, and one who may actually have a shot at breaking camp with his parent team.

As the majority of noteworthy prospects have been shipped off to minor league camp, it should be noted we are only about two weeks from Milb Opening Day (April 4[SUP]th[/SUP]). As always, I will stay on top of their performances here on FCB, as well as a daily account of scheduled starting pitchers.

1) Javier Baez Bowman Chrome Autos– He has been on absolute fire of late, especially after going yard four times in two games. While he and fellow highly touted prospect Jorge Soler have been sent down, their card values have gone in the opposite direction. Two weeks ago, you could find his base autos at around $40 each, but they’re getting more than $60 per these days.

2) Jackie Bradley Jr. 2012 Bowman Chrome Autographs – If you thought at the start of spring training he’d have a legitimate shot at breaking camp with the team, having played no higher than AA, many would have thought you were crazy. Then I saw his pace, now I’m a believer (as are Sox brass). His Refractor autos continue to climb, from $50-60 to triple digits.

3) Yasiel Puig 2012 Leaf Valiant Autographs – Many consider him the top hitting prospect in the Dodgers’ organization, and his power has been on display this spring. While he has yet to have a Bowman Chrome auto, people have been buying up his Leaf autos (available via redemption), as his Valiant Orange parallel autos (#d to 99) have increased from the $25-30 range to around $45-50.

4) Kris Bryant 2009 Bowman AFLAC – San Diego’s hottest collegiate hitter, he continued his torrid season by hitting two walkoff bombs this past weekend and is showing true first round tools. His 2009 AFLAC cards have come from nowhere to close in the $20 range. He also has Panini USA Autographs, which are garnering significant attention as well.

5) Christian Yelich 2010 Bowman Chrome Draft Autographs – Easily the top position prospect Miami has, his swing reminds many of Will Clark’s, and his power is the icing on the cake. He’ll soon be headed to the Jacksonville Suns, a Double-A team featuring a who’s who of top prospects. His base autos have risen from the $30-35 range to the mid-$40’s of late.

6) Jorge Soler 2012 Bowman Chrome Autographs – Just as impressive as his teammate Baez, his recent optioning to minor league camp hasn’t slowed his cards any. You’ll have to shell out around $75 per base auto, rising from $50-60 over the past couple of weeks.

My Prospect Sleeper – Kevin Gausman 2012 Bowman Chrome Draft Autographs – Most scouts had their eyes on his teammate Dylan Bundy this spring, but Gausman’s numbers surpassed his and had many raving. He’s not far from Baltimore, so you likely won’t be able to find his base autos at the current rate of $20-30 each for too much longer.

Last edited:

Latest posts