Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Georgia Peach"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Finished with another. Special thanks to Dickey Farms in Musella, GA for the peach pits used in this piece.

By the way......the smaller this image is, the better it looks. When you are standing directly in front of the piece, you see peach pits. It takes distance to give it the desired effect.

732 peach pits, 28" x 20".

cobb5_zps935ce1f4.jpg

cobb3_zps70a92ae7.jpg

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
That is truly amazing. Did you have to color the peach pits any?

Thanks! 100% NATURAL weathering on the pits. I sent out emails over a yearlong span trying to get various places to sell me enough pits to do this one. I finally heard back from one - Dickey Farms - that not only told me they would do it, but they DONATED them to me! They were concerned that I wouldn't want them because the pits had been out in the weather over the last several months (some appear to be older than that). I was expecting to use a lot of the black board as my background, but I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw the color variations of the pits!

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Thanks! 100% NATURAL weathering on the pits. I sent out emails over a yearlong span trying to get various places to sell me enough pits to do this one. I finally heard back from one - Dickey Farms - that not only told me they would do it, but they DONATED them to me! They were concerned that I wouldn't want them because the pits had been out in the weather over the last several months (some appear to be older than that). I was expecting to use a lot of the black board as my background, but I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw the color variations of the pits!

One of the coolest things to me is that you used all Georgia Peaches. Was that by design?

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Saw this on your FB page. Love it! You are VERY creative! I think this stuff is what art truly is. Anyone can paint, some much better than others, but not many can do this kind of creative stuff. Reggie made of straws, Bo from a shattered bat, Ted using toothpicks, etc.

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thank you all for the kind words. Truly appreciated.

One of the coolest things to me is that you used all Georgia Peaches. Was that by design?

It was originally the plan, but after a few months of trying to get someone - anyone - to help me with the amount of pits I was needing, I started looking for pits no matter the location. Fortunately, I received a response to my 2nd email from the farm in GA........I had sent an email to them months earlier without hearing back from them. Like you, I'm glad the peaches came from GA. It just made sense.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
I too saw on FB and my jaw dropped when I saw this (especially after backing slightly away from the computer).

Glad the Georgia peaches worked out. South Carolina peaches would have been awkward ;)

What is planned for this piece?

tim carroll

Feb 15, 2009
Thanks again, everyone!

Have you thought about what you are gonna work on live in chicago?

I'm probably going to finish my 1st Issue Marilyn Monroe out of Playb..........nah.......I think I better stick to something vintage of the Cubs or Sox. ;)

Tim

Members online

Latest posts