Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Artist Hobrecht GAME USED ART

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Hobrecht

Apr 10, 2013
Game Used Baseball Cover Pic.jpgHey everyone. Nice to meet you all. I talked with Chris Gilmore and asked if it was ok to share my new series with you guys. I have been working on it for some time now. I didn't want to show it until everything was ready. Well...the NEW website is up and its time to show the sports world.

As you may or may not know ....I paint with my own self made... mixture of charcoal and pastel dust. I used this method to paint for Topps since 2008....painting sketch cards, Allen & Ginter insert sets, Gypsy Queen Art Patch Cards, Chicle sets.....etc. All my work is in B&W...

My new series is similar but with an added ingredient. Its called GAME USED ART. Since baseball season is here....we are starting with bball! I will be painting 150 paintings....5 for each team over the season. Basically 25 per month. Here's the kicker....

The major ingredient in the new formula is GAME USED in field dirt!!! I have authenticated game used infield dirt from all 30 major league stadiums...and will be using the dirt as my paint. It gives the paintings such a cool brownish sepia tone.

For each painting we will be releasing only 50 enhanced prints for sale. Because the edition is so small...we are opening up pre sales on each painting. That way...people can reserve their favorite player before they sell out once released. Attached are a few of the first ones I have done. They can be acquired framed or unframed. All prints are enhanced with game used in field dirt.

You guys are getting one of the first looks! When you have a chance....visit our new updated web www.hobrecht.com

I will be posting new paintings as they are completed.....next up is Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Christy Mathewson, Ty Cobb and Rogers Hornsby painted with Yankee stadium, Detroit Tiger and the Giants stadium, Fenway and St Louis GAME USED infield dirt!!!

Sorry for the long winded post....thanks for reading! I would truly appreciate your comments, questions, feedback and sharing!!! If you can help me share and spread the word...I would like to extend a 10% discount to FCB on any prints...GAME USED or my normal B&W's! Thanks Again! Dave

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Those pieces are amazing! Great work and I can't wait to see the rest of the Game-Used Series

Dave Hobrecht

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks Chris...Thanks clarkzac! Here is a Boston Babe progress pic...so you can see how the game used dirt is being applied. These pieces are all 10" x 14"...not including the frame.GU BABE Progression.jpg

Dave Hobrecht

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks guys....painting on those small Gypsy Queen cards is difficult. Im way better on larger canvases. I always struggle with those! I'd have to look on the Chicle ones I did. I remember being a bit disappointed because Topps changed some and colored a few kind of odd.....but a great set to work on.

Dave Hobrecht

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks Ghumbs....they are a blast to paint. The cool thing is that every stadiums dirt has a slightly different color/tone....so they all turn out a bit different.

Dave Hobrecht

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks Lance. It was a fun set to work on. Ill also be posting new GAME USED art as they come off the easel! My pace is 25 each month throughout the season. Big task...but fun..

Members online

Latest posts