Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

This Weeks Hot List is LIVE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Sports Card Hot List for April 21st 2013

Posted on April 22, 2013 by Corry Gross

The NBA Finals, the NFL Draft, Major League Baseball, NHL and warmer weather. What more could you ask for if you are a sports fan? This week’s list is all baseball, but next week, you can expect a rise in some football cards with the NFL Draft.

READ MORE HERE
http://freedomcardboard.com/blog/2013/04/22/sports-card-hot-list-for-april-21st-2013/
http://freedomcardboard.com/blog/2013/04/22/sports-card-hot-list-for-april-21st-2013/

2012 Panini Prizm Baseball

Panini Prizm Baseball has gotten mixed reviews about its look, but it sells for good money. Gold Prizms /10 get the most hype and usually out-sell the autographs in the set. Prizm has a nice mixture of legends, veterans and prospects to appeal to all baseball collectors. A Gold Prizm Mike Trout (pictured) sold for a high premium of $510. This is pretty crazy money considering it is not even a rookie card. Yankees players are also popular with a Bernie Williams autograph SP sold for $355 and Derek Jeter gold Prizms are selling for $300-$400. Prizm has also brought controversy because they just released a “2012″ product in April of 2013, but regardless, it is a very popular product.

Brandon Crawford Rookie Autographs

Brandon Crawford is mainly known for his glove, but recently, his bat has been hot. Crawford was hitting .352 earlier in the week, but that has since dropped to .317. Last year, he hit .248.

When his bat was hot, so were his cards. His 2011 Bowman retail autograph was selling for $15-$25 when last week they were only averaging $5. His 2008 Elite school colors autograph /25 sold for a solid $75 when it was selling for $40 pre-Opening Day. It is not likely that he hits over .300 by the end of the season, but if he does, he’d be in the top 10 shortstops in the league.

2012 Topps Five Star Football Inscription Autos

Topps has not yet figured out how to match UD Exquisite and Panini National Treasures and contend for the honor of having a players absolute best card. There are some aspects of the set that they do right. There is no better example of this than the inscription autograph set. It gets better when players get creative and put something besides a bland stat or the obvious super bowl mvp inscription.

The pictured card here is Andrew Luck with a “Chuckstrong” inscription as a show of support for his head coach Chuck Pagano’s leukemia research campaign. Creativity is rewarded as this card sold for $775. People still love the unique.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Disagree, Prizm was a turrible product. Any product has a few great cards that sell for crazy money, but that doesn't make them strong. Prizm was a nice surprise
in basketball but was an utter failure for football and baseball, only hyped by card store owners and distributors.

Kevin

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Disagree, Prizm was a turrible product. Any product has a few great cards that sell for crazy money, but that doesn't make them strong. Prizm was a nice surprise
in basketball but was an utter failure for football and baseball, only hyped by card store owners and distributors.

Kevin

I would disagree, i think football was a success but baseball was not. But i would like to add that both of them being 2012 products was a huge fail.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Thank you Cory." You've had some pretty big shoes to fill and you've done a great job. Its one of the few things to look forward to on Mondays.

cwgross144

May 26, 2012
Virginia
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Thank you Cory." You've had some pretty big shoes to fill and you've done a great job. Its one of the few things to look forward to on Mondays.

I appreciate the kind words. It's encouraging to hear that. I hope to continue to do it as long as time allows. Couldn't do it without you all's great suggestions.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
'but it sells for good money"

a few cards sold for good money, now pretty much everything sells for nothing. A gold Ryan Howard /10 for 30 bucks, A Wright auto (redemption) for under 25 bucks. Piss poor
collation. I saw a case break last night and it is the first time that I can honestly say EVERYONE lost money on it.......and I didn't even mention how turrible the air brushed cards look.....oops I just did.

I do appreciate the work he does compiling the list. Thanks!

Kevin

cwgross144

May 26, 2012
Virginia
'but it sells for good money"

a few cards sold for good money, now pretty much everything sells for nothing. A gold Ryan Howard /10 for 30 bucks, A Wright auto (redemption) for under 25 bucks. Piss poor
collation. I saw a case break last night and it is the first time that I can honestly say EVERYONE lost money on it.......and I didn't even mention how turrible the air brushed cards look.....oops I just did.

I do appreciate the work he does compiling the list. Thanks!

Kevin

It was hot out the gate. Can't argue with some of the early sales. But even a Ryan Howard unlicensed /10 non-rookie card selling for even $30 is pretty good IMO. I didn't buy any of it, so I'm not saying it's great, but it was pretty hot out of the gate. But thanks for appreciating it!

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
It was hot out the gate. Can't argue with some of the early sales. But even a Ryan Howard unlicensed /10 non-rookie card selling for even $30 is pretty good IMO. I didn't buy any of it, so I'm not saying it's great, but it was pretty hot out of the gate. But thanks for appreciating it!

Was hot out of the gate and still being hot are two separate things.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I opened a case of Prizm and got skunked with zero golds. Base collation is terrible. I got 8 Matt Harvey RC's, 6 Harper RC's, 5 Darvish RC's, 2 Cespedes and 1 single Brett Lawrie RC in my entire case (guess that's better than 1 Harper and 8 Lawrie but still). Not even going to bother with making sets. Resale on singles is also poor. Every auto I got except two have sold for under $10 (the exceptions being Matt Harvey and Griffey Jr, BOTH redemptions). And again, no golds didn't help.

BTW, that Bernie selling for $355 was a fluke. A handful that sold in the past 2 days are in the $25-$30 range, and none have come close to selling as high as that first one. I give this product 4 thumbs down.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Haters-gonna-hate.jpg

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Nice to see JPA make the list!

And although I doubt Johnson is gonna keep up this pace, is another Kevin Towers rant necessary? :evil:

Members online

Latest posts