Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Trout Chrome Autos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
I am assuming the prices on Trout Chrome autos have gone down a little since last years peak. Saw a blue that ended tonight and I thought it went for much less than it should have. Anyone remember what his peak prices where last year. They are still up there but was this due to BGS 9 slab detracting bidders?

Item # 300894524415

I did not buy or sell this card just wanted your valued opinions.

Last edited:

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
his base chromes last year were well over 200 to some around 400. blues where to rich for me to even look at.
this years base seems higher not sure about the blues.

Last edited:

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think everyone agreed 400 for base autos just won't ever fly for long, no matter how good a player can play. Harper will be next to drop as soon as he has a bad month or next year when he gets off to a slow start and the new rookie crop steals away his dollars.

Prospectors and investors have about a 3 year memory on RC's, once they go past that window they turn into more long term type investments and its really hard to push them up higher in price. Heck Pujols was god for about 10 years and his RC's are dropping every day.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I think good cards of good players will fetch good money if you wait long enough...View attachment 16520

This. The key is to perform over time. The larger the sample size of performance, the more stable the player's card prices will become. Play at a high level over time, card values will stay high as well, and they are less likely to fall once a player has established himself as a perennial superstar (like Pujols).

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
This. The key is to perform over time. The larger the sample size of performance, the more stable the player's card prices will become. Play at a high level over time, card values will stay high as well, and they are less likely to fall once a player has established himself as a perennial superstar (like Pujols).

However if you bought at the peak of the Pujols hype you would have lost money over the last two years, so no player IMO is immune from price drops its just the nature of humans to want to move on to the next big thing.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
I think everyone agreed 400 for base autos just won't ever fly for long, no matter how good a player can play. Harper will be next to drop as soon as he has a bad month or next year when he gets off to a slow start and the new rookie crop steals away his dollars.

Prospectors and investors have about a 3 year memory on RC's, once they go past that window they turn into more long term type investments and its really hard to push them up higher in price. Heck Pujols was god for about 10 years and his RC's are dropping every day.

Sure, prices drop when investors leave... which they almost always do - otherwise they'd be collectors. Prospectors generally leave soon after the player hits the MLB, assuming the player hits the MLB of course. Its just the way it is.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Prospecting....

2561.jpg

Members online