Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest Over - Winner is Johnny G

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
So over the last 4 days I've listed over 3,000 auctions. They all end on Sunday night. Those 3,067 auctions represent 58,053 cards! All Bowman/Chrome/Refractors/etc and all from 2010 through 2012. You all know I bust a ton of Bowman, but unfortunately towards the end of a break I get exhausted and whatever is left just sits in 5 rows or on tables. There is a ton of great prospects (and some vets too) and there are some huge lots just of refractors, or blue borders, or chrome, or bowman, and many others. There are no mixed lots whatsoever, so if the title says Refractor, then the whole quantity in the parenthesis are refractors, by the same token if the auction says Xander Bogaerts, then all cards in that listing are of Xander...no player mixing.

So how do you win a free box of cards? I'm going to give two people a chance to win, and then a third winner will be conditional (see below for details).

1) First way to win is to post your guess on what my total sales will be on these auctions on Sunday night. (Technically some auctions finish after 12am, still counting them in the total). The closest to the total without going over (Price is Right rules) will win a box of 2012 Topps Mini. Here is a link to all of my auctions: bigbreaksports | eBay (Only 1 entry per person will be accepted for the first prize)

2) Second way to win is to post your guess as to which auction will finish for the highest price. This guess must be in this form (auction title and direct link to the auction) for example: 17 2011 Bowman Chrome DP BCDP28 Tony Cingrani Reds Ref Refractor RC | eBay. Anyone that posts a link will be entered into a drawing for another free box of 2012 Topps Mini, so you don't have to be right and get the one that sells the highest, but I figure this is a good way to post some links and benefit me and FCB (hopefully you all click through and check the auctions out). You can enter up to 5 links in separate posts. Each post is an entry, 5 entries is the MAX.

3) As a bonus! If my auctions finish over $15,000, I will choose one more member that posts in this thread (at random) and give them a free box of 2013 Bowman Jumbo. You will only be entered once, and I will use a randomizer to choose the winner.

All guesses for prize 1 will be shut down Sunday at 5pm (no more editing, I will record all entries at that time).

Entries for prize 2 will not be shut down until completion of the auctions, so you can get more links posted right up until the end.

When the auctions are finished, I will come back and post my final total to determine if the Bowman Jumbo box will be given away.

In closing, please know that all money raised from these auctions will be going towards the purchase of a new home for my family. We're expecting our fourth child in July and want to be settled in as soon as possible. So I hope you check out the auctions and help me out! Thank you!

Last edited:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
2010 to 2012 Bowman Blowout - Contest for Free Boxes (3 potential winners!)

Thanks for the responses so far. Just for clarification. My BIN with BO auctions are not ending Sunday and should not be included in any guesses for the dollar amount. Now I certainly don't mind having them linked here like WaxPax and Waxov did, but the intention was to focus on the regular auctions.

WaxPax

I get it now....how about counting the Harper link as just a link (as 1 of my 5), and I'll go with this:

10 2011 Bowman Chrome DP BCDP100 Austin Meadows 16U USA Ref Refractor RC | eBay

Thanks for the responses so far. Just for clarification. My BIN with BO auctions are not ending Sunday and should not be included in any guesses for the dollar amount. Now I certainly don't mind having them linked here like WaxPax and Waxov did, but the intention was to focus on the regular auctions.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Jim,

1st off, GLWS! Some great card lots!

Guesses:

1) $7,777.77 for total sales. I think lack of pictures bites you in the ass and will guess at least half of the items won't sell (blue border single cards at .99 cents a piece is hard to imagine).
2) Top grossing lot guess #1:http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-2011-Bowman-Chrome-DP-BCDP28-Tony-Cingrani-Reds-Ref-Refractor-RC-/360647875444?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item53f849db74#ht_431wt_757

(sorry I don't know how to make the link show up like the others!)

Last edited:

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I'll go with $11,000 even as my total guess and the Boguarts lot as the best Selling Price.

I saw the new place on FB. Wheresabout is it? Still local to HQ?

And GL with the Sales!

The new place is in Downingtown just off of Hopewell rd.

Also, you're entry needs to be in the form of a clickable link...gotta follow the rules! :)

Members online