Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Contest Over - Winner is Johnny G

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Re: Contest for Free Boxes (3 potential winners!) including a 2013 Bowman Jumbo Box

$1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Looks like no one wins prize 1 or 3 :(. Of course my math could be off as it was just very quickly estimated at about $5-6K.

sorry about the sales, Jim. But I did end winning a couple to help out!

nappyd

Sep 24, 2012
Free Box Contest Ending Soon! Prize 2 is still open. Plus bonus prize is still up for grabs!

Looks like no one wins prize 1 or 3 :(. Of course my math could be off as it was just very quickly estimated at about $5-6K.

My$1 would have won...Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA

Yeah, it was certainly disappointing, but then again, maybe I just had a really poor estimate in my head. I think the thing that frustrated me the most was the prices that the 2011 Bowman Chrome DP Refractor lots got. Pretty much every lot went for less than I would have expected. I guess I really failed those lots by not taking pictures...shame on me. I was also disappointed by some of the large lots, especially the Oscar Tavares 87 card bowman lot...sure, it sold for $2 a piece, but when singles will sell for $4, I really blew it.

Final total was $5452. I'll do the drawing for the Prize 2 hopefully later tonight.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
And I'm kicking myself for not having enough extra cash on hand to push the bidding higher on some of the 2011 BDP Refractor lots - agreed, they went far too low. There were several I would have liked to win, but just couldn't go after them.

I'm positive the method of listing really hurt. People probably weren't clear that they were all refractors, especially given the # of them in some of the lots - like 13 Baez refs for $45... just not right. Some pics on those lots would probably have gone a long way.

PS - how about prize 1 to the person who was closest in either direction! :) j/k

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
And I'm kicking myself for not having enough extra cash on hand to push the bidding higher on some of the 2011 BDP Refractor lots - agreed, they went far too low. There were several I would have liked to win, but just couldn't go after them.

I'm positive the method of listing really hurt. People probably weren't clear that they were all refractors, especially given the # of them in some of the lots - like 13 Baez refs for $45... just not right. Some pics on those lots would probably have gone a long way.

PS - how about prize 1 to the person who was closest in either direction! :) j/k

Yeah, you picked out one of the most shocking ones there. Baez for $45 was killer. So many of them went for dirt cheap. Somebody is going to make bank grading those.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Yeah, you picked out one of the most shocking ones there. Baez for $45 was killer. So many of them went for dirt cheap. Somebody is going to make bank grading those.

Jim, I agree some were certainly underpriced. I have to admit, the picture would have made a huge difference especially on the refractor lots. As when I looked at those aucitons, I wasn't sure they were all refractors, or a some base and a ref, etc. But we all know how dang long it would have taken to even do 500-600 scans of the better lots.....a LONG time

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Ran the list through Random.org 3 times and this was the third result. @Johnny_G is the big winner (of a box of 2012 Topps Mini). Thanks to everyone for participating and especially to those of you that placed some bids.

There were 45 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Johnny G
  2. DiebytheCubs
  3. Chompsmcgee
  4. elmontny
  5. TBTwinsFan
  6. Kerryfan5
  7. rawonion
  8. gt2590
  9. MansGame
  10. aarne13
  11. waxov