Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

From the "Why does that even exist?" department...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL

Korea. I'm trying to compile a checklist for the 1991 Lotte Gum Baseball Kings set from Korea, and ran across this weird set. Who would pick these players for a Korean edition of a Topps set?

Ken Forsch
Dave Palmer
Joey McLaughlin
Tom Hausman
Bob Welch
Dave Tomlin
Vida Blue
Glenn Abbott
Gary Serum
Jim Slaton
Bruce Sutter
Ron Davis

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Korea. I'm trying to compile a checklist for the 1991 Lotte Gum Baseball Kings set from Korea, and ran across this weird set. Who would pick these players for a Korean edition of a Topps set?

Ken Forsch
Dave Palmer
Joey McLaughlin
Tom Hausman
Bob Welch
Dave Tomlin
Vida Blue
Glenn Abbott
Gary Serum
Jim Slaton
Bruce Sutter
Ron Davis

I want that Bruce Sutter. Does this set actually exist anywhere, or do you think everyone in 1980 Korea who got them threw them away?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Is that actually the complete set, or just selected cards from the set?
They're pretty cool. I like how the players' pictures are identical to their regular '80 Topps cards, but the backs are totally different.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Is that actually the complete set, or just selected cards from the set?

Not really sure. The post mentions something about cards 1-12, but I can't see any numbers on the backs, and the player selection is so bizarre, I have trouble believing that would be the whole set.

Latest posts