Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB.TV promo 49.99 premium rest of year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beckertm

May 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
The premium cost $124.99 at the beginning of year. I'm glad I have the service as it works on iPads and iPhones.. and most smart tvs and some blu-ray players. There is a slight catch that I didn't know about, though. I bought the last 2 months of last year for $20, which was well worth it. When this year started up, I missed the email talking about renewal, and they automatically renewed my subscription for this year. Money was tight and I went to cancel, however, they don't give partial refunds and the cancellation wouldn't take place until the next season (2014). So, if you are not wanting to get auto-renewed, cancel after the playoffs are over.

The blackout restrictions suck- I live in Nashville, which is somehow the Reds and Braves market, and I am a Cardinals fan- so I can't get the video for those games... and weekend video blackouts are odd, too. However, audio is always available. I know there are a few places (Iowa, Las Vegas...) that are in multiple markets (5 or more) so the value for the service would be diminished and you may want to check out what markets you're in.

hope this helps!
Cheers

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
The blackouts do suck but we found a way around them. We live in the Reds market and are subject to blackouts too. Our direct TV is billed to our Aunt in Charlotte, NC and we have 5 boxes on that account. She has 2 boxes and we have 3. Direct TV doesn't care or know we are using them in Ohio. When you first sign up, they ask for zip code, they match up the reveiver to the zip code and that's how they know to blackout your box.
Lots of people take their direct TV with them when they travel cross country.

Fordman
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I just got billed yesterday for the month, then I saw the promotion. I called them up and asked If I can get the rest of the year for $24.99 more. They think so but have to put a ticket in to see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
. So, if you are not wanting to get auto-renewed, cancel after the playoffs are over.

The blackout restrictions suck- I live in Nashville, which is somehow the Reds and Braves market,

on the cancellation, Feb 1st (give you most of February to take care of things before spring exhibitions start and
thus the auto-renew). Don't do it after the playoffs becuase you deprive yourself of offseason baseball from the
archives. It's fun on a boring winter night to pull up the calendar from the prior baseball season, randomly select a date and then click on the matchup of clubs you seem to like the most interest in and watch that game.

as for the blackout, it's not too bad. Games get in the archives pretty quick so if you are a night owl and don't hog out on MLB Network or Sportscenter, you can watch the game and not know the outcome beforehand.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Ugh...just paid $99 for the rest of the year last week! Wish I hadn't seen this so I could remain blissfully ignorant.

Call them and let them know...
I did and they cancelled my subscription and are refunding my $24.99 and I just joined again for $49.99

Dear Valued Subscriber:
Your request for a refund in connection with your 2013 MLB.TV Premium Monthly Subscription subscription has been approved and a credit in the amount of 24.99 will appear on the statement of the credit card to which you were being billed.
Please allow your credit card company 5 to 7 business days to process the refund. If your credit does not appear after 7 business days or should you have question about your account please contact Customer Support toll-free at 1-866-800-1275.
We thank you for your patronage.

Sincerely,
MLB.com

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Call them and let them know...
I did and they cancelled my subscription and are refunding my $24.99 and I just joined again for $49.99

I think there is a difference, tho. You were a MONTHLY sub so you can get a cancellation effective at the end of a month term. The "$99 rest of the season" deal is probably considered "yearly" so there can't be a cancellation effective until the end of the season rather than in a month in order to get a cheaper rest of the season price.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
I think there is a difference, tho. You were a MONTHLY sub so you can get a cancellation effective at the end of a month term. The "$99 rest of the season" deal is probably considered "yearly" so there can't be a cancellation effective until the end of the season rather than in a month in order to get a cheaper rest of the season price.

I was just billed and paid for the month of June and they cancelled it and refunded me 24.99

You can always try, The worst that can happen is they say no.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I was just billed and paid for the month of June and they cancelled it and refunded me 24.99

You can always try, The worst that can happen is they say no.

right, you were monthly so the worst is that your cancellation is effective June 30th and you could go for the rest of year discount on July 1st. I think MLBAM fudged a little and let your cancellation terminate right away in order to sell you the rest of the year package right away.

For the poster with the $99 rest of the season deal, if you cancel and MLBAM doesn't fudge on their terms, your cancellation date is around Feb 28th or a little earlier in February if spring training exhibitions are sooner than the end of the month. I agree that it wouldn't hurt to try to see if they will make a terms and conditions exception to cancel the $99 deal and get the $49 rest of year deal.

as for me, I just get my MLB Premium package the day before the first spring training TV game so I don't screw around missing all the spring tv games and almost half of the regular season games waiting or hoping for a cheapskate deal to come along.

Members online

Latest posts