Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Zunino Gets the Call to the M's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
It is my opinion taking your premier prospect and bringing him to the majors before he's ready would be a no -brainer. From a developmental standpoint, do i really need to go through the exercise of how that story more often than not ends?

Let's get some perspective here, since you are arguing something I agree with. Zunino is not MLB ready. But you are implying there are other options the Mariners have at this very moment and quite frankly there aren't. He's not up to stay, soon as Sucre is back he'll be right back down to Tacoma. His development won't be stunted by a two week MLB cup of coffee.

Relax - it's not the end of Zunino's world. Catchers take years to develop. This will not ruin him, as you imply.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Let's get some perspective here, since you are arguing something I agree with. Zunino is not MLB ready. But you are implying there are other options the Mariners have at this very moment and quite frankly there aren't. He's not up to stay, soon as Sucre is back he'll be right back down to Tacoma. His development won't be stunted by a two week MLB cup of coffee.

Relax - it's not the end of Zunino's world. Catchers take years to develop. This will not ruin him as you imply.

I am in no way implying it will ruin him, I'm stating its a stupid move to make regaardless of how long its for. Time will be the judge i suppose.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I am in no way implying it will ruin him, I'm stating its a stupid move to make regaardless of how long its for.

Really?

From a developmental standpoint, do i really need to go through the exercise of how that story more often than not ends?

Maybe I just keep misinterpreting all your moving-target comments. From everything I read it seems you have a grasp of the independent league catching situation, the Mariners' organizational catching situation, and the proper way to develop elite prospects. And you very well could be right on all accounts but it really just seems like you're trying to make a point that doesn't need to be made.

We get it, Zunino ain't ready.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Really?

Maybe I just keep misinterpreting all your moving-target comments. From everything I read it seems you have a grasp of the independent league catching situation, the Mariners' organizational catching situation, and the proper way to develop elite prospects. And you very well could be right on all accounts but it really just seems like you're trying to make a point that doesn't need to be made.

We get it, Zunino ain't ready.

thanks, i was hoping you did get it.

I did enjoy all the little digs...they made for a very constructive conversation. i realize this move is pivotal to keeping them in the hunt for October.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
Zunino will start tonight (right about now) and bat 6th.
A way you can tell a team sucks is when a guy gets called up to play for the first time and the team admits its too soon yet is perceived better than 3 guys in the lineup already. :p

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I'm at the game and he got a nice base hit up the middle in his second at bat. Coulda been an RBI, but the runner was held up at third (rightfully so).

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Nice!

I was section 129 row 14 myself.

I like how both starting pitchers got "Top Performers" honors from ESPN, but damn that 9th was ugly for the M's.

that is a very cool closable roof, too. Real quiet-like after the rain started.

I'm sure we will cross paths sometime soon :) The roof is great, non-obtrusive and less than a 15 minute close makes it nice.

Waxov

Mar 23, 2013
USA
I was waiting for this game to happen, the game where the bartender officially explodes (if that hasnt happened already). Early on this year a few things happened- 1. M's showed they were a terrible team and a few of their base plans were thrown out the window. 2. Wilhelmsens era was doing fine. 3. A graph on LL showed his out pitch was no longer fooling batters with 2strikes. 4. I said he should be traded then so I could be proven excellent in the future, which is. . .

5. current day.

Members online

Latest posts