Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just in case you're thinking of using PSA/DNA...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ral72

Aug 8, 2008
Schwenksville, PA
So, PSA was running a PSA/DNA special in June (50% off, even for non-members). I have a bunch of old TTM autos, so I thought it was a great deal and sent in about 30 cards last week. I just got an email from them today stating:

You did not choose to have your cards encapsulated which means that there will be certification stickers that cannot be removed placed on the back of each card. If you would like the cards encapsulated it would be an additional $10 per card (an additional $310). This is an option not a requirement, we just wanted to make sure before we continue processing your order.

How the heck does anyone afford to have anything authenticated? Based on regular prices, that's at least $30 per card!! I guess that explains why some of the BIN prices for PSA/DNA items seem so high! I guess I was foolish for thinking that the "authentication" fees also covered the encapsulation. So I just wanted to make anyone else aware of this, just to warn you in case you were thinking about it.

I think the thing that really ticks me off is just the principle of it...They charge $10 per card for this, but they run specials for less than $6 per card to get graded. And it's the same exact freakin' PSA case! What a scam.

End rant. Thanks for listening.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
You have to watch for monthly specials listed on the PSA Web site and more importantly read the fine print, when it comes to costs.

madbull34

Sep 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
Wait for the $15 encapsulation special. There's usually one every year. They used to have a $10 special but I think those days are long gone.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
You pay the regular price. This special is to authenticate the autograph, its kinda simple and no need for a rant.

Glad I know that because I've never sent anything to PSA but if I did I'll read the fine print. I certainly wouldn't want anything on the card other than the auto.

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
If your a member of sportscollectors.net they run monthly group submissions usually around $13 per card that includes encapsulation. They also have a red flip submission this month at $11.75 per card.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
If your a member of sportscollectors.net they run monthly group submissions usually around $13 per card that includes encapsulation. They also have a red flip submission this month at $11.75 per card.

Can you PM the link? I'm a member there and don't venture into the boards, would love to get in on this

Members online

Latest posts