Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Barry Bonds Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Finally getting around to posting some scans. some of my favorite through the years...

All Star game Fanfest Exclusives: 2002 Milwaukee, 2003 Chicago. So nice to have two consecutive Fanfests within driving distance like that.

With the National coming up, here's a couple from the 1995 National (St. Louis). There was a 30 (or so) card set sold that had athletes from various sports--typical Classic fare. One Phone card was randomly inserted in each set. (different players, different dollar amounts.) This was back when Phone cards had a practical use and collector value. It didn't last long. The other phone card is a promo. They handed out several promo phone cards at that Natty. Back when promo cards had collector value. It didn't last long (Woah. Deja vu.)

One more from 1999. Regular Topps, Oversize Box Topper, Super Chrome!

More to come later!

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I live just outside Milwaukee and was fortunate enough to attend the 02 Fanfest. Had a great time and picked up many Bonds pieces there. I remember Topps having their eTopps booth there back when those were also hot and innovative. I'm heading down to the National tomorrow. Should be a blast!

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Found 10 Bonds cards for my collection at the National. Majority of the show was vintage product so finding more modern cards was a challenge. Here's the most notable...bondsblack.jpg
bondsprod.jpg
bondstretrofrac.jpg

Last edited:

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Got this in the other day...please don't call the cops on me! I won this card for starting bid .99. Was listed as '1998 Spx Barry Bonds Baseball Card'. Gotta love it!

bondspx.jpgbondsspx2.jpg

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Amazing what you can find with a keen eye. I picked up a 1996 Studio Silver Press Proofs a couple years ago hidden in a small lot of cards for a similar price.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
I've been collecting Bonds since 1998. After 15 years of searching card shops, shows, and online, I finally found the 1996 Collector's Choice Gold Signature #409 (not a signature rather a gold teamp stamp). I know a few other player collectors who also have had a hard time finding this card. When I won it last week on eBay it was the first and only time I've ever seen the issue. I was starting to doubt it's existance! In fact, about 10 years ago I sold the Cardinals/Ozzie Smith Silver Signature version for $10!
$(KGrHqN,!nUFHTMLyk2DBR49jTenu!~~60_57.jpg

WaxPax

Just wanted to get opinions on this card I got for a TTM response years ago. I have seen a couple of these "Personalized" cards pop up on ebay over the years, and was able to verify that the signatures were not auto penned since they all seemed to be different. Now my question is, is the card anything that is in demand or considered desirable? I have wanted to get it PSA/DNA certified for a while, but with his stuff lacking demand, I have put it on the back burner for a few years now.

Thoughts?

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Here's a better scan of the card, the other is 7-8 years old....

Thanks for the post. I have this card but it's not autographed. It certainly does look like his signature. I have the card but I don't believe it's autographed. I'll dig it up when I get home. I do have a few signed 8x10's and photo cards of his. I'll try to scan those and we can compare. Obviously if you were to sell, you'd get the best price having it certified by JSA/PSA.

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
To the OP great thread.I see a great collection of items from Bonds collectors I didn't know existed.I have been collecting Barry Bonds stuff for a while now.Mostly autographs,and game used.I see everyone posting pics at will so I will join in on the showoff fun.

Here's a favorite set of mine from the last year his cards were made.To be honest I don't think I have ever come across one I liked more.I believe I picked it up here from a member a few years ago.

weight333

May 28, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
To the OP great thread.I see a great collection of items from Bonds collectors I didn't know existed.I have been collecting Barry Bonds stuff for a while now.Mostly autographs,and game used.I see everyone posting pics at will so I will join in on the showoff fun.

Here's a favorite set of mine from the last year his cards were made.To be honest I don't think I have ever come across one I liked more.I believe I picked it up here from a member a few years ago.

Thanks for sharing! Your Bonds photobucket is ridiculous! I believe I may have chatted with you a bit on blowout cards forum? I remember that custom card well. I just began a photobucket account as a way to upload cards to this thread. Always nice to see such high end, rare Bonds cards!

snakebit95

Nov 20, 2010
Montgomery, AL
GUCD,
Great to see you here too. I remember us chatting on SCF in the past. Always loved that Topps auto card you posted. That is a tough one to find!!

GUCD231

Apr 21, 2009
DEER PARK,NY
weight333-I did just recently join blowout as I did post the Bonds custom booklet I made there.What's your user name there? Thanks for the compliments It's always great to meet up with collectors who share similar intrests and passions.I look forward to keeping this thread alive and chatting with a Bonds Super Collector.

-Steve

snakebit95-Hey bud I thought the user name look familiar how are you? I remember going after a Bonds card or two on Ebay and out bidding against each other.Hows the collection going?

-Steve

Members online