Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Barry Bonds Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kmaese24

Jan 2, 2014
New Mexico
I got a question, more out of curiosity. I was seeing in your videos that you put place holder (decoy cards) in your binders for higher end cards not to stored in your binders, what is your criteria for determining which cards you store in hard plastic vs the binder pages? I ask because I have been doing pretty much the same thing since I started putting my Bonds collection in binders. My "dollar" amount was cards valued at $10.00 or more go into top loaders or magnetics, that dollar amount of course comes from Beckett. I was curious because as I go through my binders especially my last binder there are more place holders in the pages than cards, while to me its impressive when I go to show the cards it looks pretty bad with all the place holders for higher end products. Anyway just wondering how you or anyone else for that matter does it. Always looking for new ideas. Thanks.

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
Every chipper card I have is in a sleeve, top loader, and team bag. Stored in boxes and put away for safe keeping. Hard to enjoy, but eliminates exposure and damage. Stored by year in the same order as Beckett, but that may change.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

kmaese24

Jan 2, 2014
New Mexico
Every chipper card I have is in a sleeve, top loader, and team bag. Stored in boxes and put away for safe keeping. Hard to enjoy, but eliminates exposure and damage. Stored by year in the same order as Beckett, but that may change.

I used to that myself, but did find it hard to enjoy like you said. Plus the boxes got pretty heavy.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Freedom Card Board mobile app

tenballer

Aug 9, 2014
I used to that myself, but did find it hard to enjoy like you said. Plus the boxes got pretty heavy.

Yeah I switched to the smaller graded card 2 row boxes because of weight. Hold tins, graded/authenticated etc. without trouble. I've looked at those wall mounted displays but can't bring myself to do it. I quit using binders years ago when I had some damage.

kmaese24

Jan 2, 2014
New Mexico
Found a new card shop in town, stopped in to see what he had. Had only 2 Bonds cards in the whole store so I bought them both, fortunately I needed both. Nothing fancy but for $5.00 couldn't beat it. 20161230_144703.jpg20161230_144716.jpg

kmaese24

Jan 2, 2014
New Mexico
I just bought this card, never heard of it, never seen it. Couldn't find it in beckett, the only place I found it was ebay. Does anyone know what year it was produced? Its obviously the 86 topps traded photo but I have my doubts that its an 86 card. Its also hand numbered.
1986 Topps BARRY BONDS Rookie RC Ceramic Porcelain R&N China Card

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Jun 28, 2018
Oakland, CA
Awesome thread. I'm a longtime fan but only a new collector of Bonds. I'm really glad to see that there are at least a few Bonds collectors out there in the sports cards collecting message board community lol. Those inserts are dizzying, and fascinating as your background stories are on these, I think I just have to stick to a few higher end pieces, especially high grade RCs and XRCs that catch my eye until I run out of cards to go for. Along the lines of what I've seen posted here though, I picked up my first Bonds auto in the last month. Here it is:

43678873514_5edc6b9ae8_z.jpg

Members online

Latest posts