Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Barry Bonds Collectors Thread

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official Barry Bonds Collectors Thread

Hello,
    With many player collector threads already avaiable on FCB, I figured there would already be a Home Run King, Barry Bonds thread established. I was wrong. So I created this one. I hope this will be a great place for Bonds collectors to share stories, info, pictures and anything else Bonds related.
    Barry Bonds PC 5,000+ different and counting! Check out my Barry Bonds Collection on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/weight333

stricklcp
     stricklandowitz
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love sharing this story......back in 1992 I batboy'd for a minor league team called the Carolina Mudcats (my hometown team). At that time they were class AA and affiliated with the Pittsburgh Pirates. I was lucky enough one day to get to work an exhibition game as the Pirates were on the way down to play the Atlanta Braves. I was super psyched at the least to get outta school early! At the ballpark I got to catch batting practice in the outfield and work the Pirate side dugout half the innings. Now Bonds only played about 3 innings that day but at some point later in the game I was asked to go back to the visitor clubhouse and grab some gum.....so I went (along with some cards of mine) and low and behold there was Bonds sitting with Jose Lind and Gary Redus. I interrupted as politely as I could and asked if he'd sign a card.....this was the moment I'll never forget......I handed him the card and a sharpie. He looked at the sharpie because I didn't take the top off. At that point he flicked the top of the sharpie across the clubhouse and signed my card without ever saying a word to me........and boy did that leave a bad taste in my mouth which has never really left. I still have that card (along with others - Jim Leyland, Jeff King, Bob Walk, and a few more) and to this day that batboy job was one of the best I ever had.

It is crazy how time flies........if I remember I'll have to post a pic of that card. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately I've heard stories where the outcome was worse (no sign). I've heard a share of good/bad experiences regarding him. I've been told he has been much more approachable post-retirement. I assume he's trying to present a bettter image for his HOF candidacy. I would like to meet him one day....thanks again!
    Barry Bonds PC 5,000+ different and counting! Check out my Barry Bonds Collection on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/weight333

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official Barry Bonds Collectors Thread

Great player to watch. Always a soft spot for him as a Pirates fan

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As much as I disapprove of what he did in the end, the guy was a damn good hitter. I need to get an auto of his - purely for his notoriety.

Senior Member uniquebaseballcards's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post
    As much as I disapprove of what he did in the end, the guy was a damn good hitter. I need to get an auto of his - purely for his notoriety.
    If "in the end", you mean the second half of his career LOL, I completely agree. Even if he's not HOF worthy, he definitely made the game interesting.

"Topps does not, in any manner, make any representations as to whether its cards will attain any future value."

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uniquebaseballcards View Post
    If "in the end", you mean the second half of his career LOL, I completely agree. Even if he's not HOF worthy, he definitely made the game interesting.
    Basically.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never cared for the guy but i kept a few of his cards i have pulled through the years (dont know why but I did)

I collect Ken Griffey Jr, Ryan Howard, Steve Carlton and the rest of the Phillies.
    My Site:
    http://bradswebsite.synthasite.com/

Matthew 21:22
    "And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall recieve."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked this one up.... Awesome card in person.

Aslo did this drawing for my wife who loved BB.

Last edited by mrdallas; 07-01-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Pristine auto is a beauty! Limited to /98 I believe. Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your wife has good taste mrdallas! haha. Those Precious Metals are staples of the 90s inserts. I just got the 97 BIN on ebay a couple weeks back. Very happy to have it in the collection!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bondsprec.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	379.4 KB 
ID:	18922

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a sweet pickup... I saw the completed auction after the fact and that was a great pickup . Very nice... And I think my wife has very good taste LOL

Quote Originally Posted by weight333 View Post
    Your wife has good taste mrdallas! haha. Those Precious Metals are staples of the 90s inserts. I just got the 97 BIN on ebay a couple weeks back. Very happy to have it in the collection!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Pharis View Post

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    Nice card, sir!

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast