Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm itching for something new! Need some suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I haven't started a new thread in awhile. So basically I'm seeking someone new to collect.
I still collect Oswalt, but he doesn't have new cards, and rare cards have been virtually nonexistent this year.
For the last year or so I've ventured into the whole collect/sell area. Collect if they turn out to be good, sell if they get hot.

So my ventures so far:
Robbie Erlin: He is looking ok (minus today) so far for SD. His 2010 BC autographs are cheap but not plentiful.
Overall, this could be a solid player to collect. I think he will be a solid starter, but as far as selling probably not so much.

Joc Pederson: I bought his stuff towards the release of 2012 BC. So far he has been terrific.
I'm still waiting on selling, even though I've reached over 5x profit on my original investments.
I think he is in a good market, and I think his BCs can easily go higher than they are now.

Clayton Blackburn: I started buying up some 2013 BC autos. I like his stats despite a high ERA and some recent bad starts.
His stuff has been moving down in price. He seems like a low risk. I like the Giants' market.

Daniel Hudson: This collection is a few years old, and I have around 30 autographs. Unfortunately, he went through
a second Tommy John surgery. It's tough to collect a player that will miss so much time. I still search him, but his better stuff has dried up.

So any suggestions? I need a young player to collect, and to grow a collection early on.
And to possibly sell if the player gets hot. I mostly collect pitchers.
I would like to look into 2012 and 2013 stuff. I try to stay in the cheap range, maybe $5-$15 per BC autograph.

I have several Jordan Zimmermann 2008 BC autos and refractors. He is still relatively cheap, and I have been waiting for him to take off.
He seems very undervalued: perhaps the most logical collection choice.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
It seems like you like the Pitchers to collect. From those options, I'd go with Zimmerman too.

And won't Oswalt have a ton of parallels, etc. in the Topps Update and maybe Chrome to try and track down?

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
It seems like you like the Pitchers to collect. From those options, I'd go with Zimmerman too.

And won't Oswalt have a ton of parallels, etc. in the Topps Update and maybe Chrome to try and track down?

Possibly. But that won't keep my interest for too long. Zimmermann has all these nice shiny cards that I don't own!

Members online

Latest posts