Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay seller would rather refund rather than ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Hello All,

I'm sure some of you's have come across this at one point or another:

I won an action for an item almost 2 weeks ago, paid within 3 minutes of auction end, the seller just emailed and said he would rather refund me the $$$ rather than ship the item. I emailed back and said I would rather have the item that I won. The seller has a 99% feedback, so no issue there.

So basically, I think what he sold he either didn't get the $$$ he wanted for it or he didn't have possession of the item to begin with.

Im not new the eBay but have never had a seller ever not send me the item won.

What are my options if any if he refunds me?

Fordman

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I don't know that there is much you can do. If you force him to ship it, chances are it will either get "lost" in the mail or simply be destroyed when you get it. By selling it on eBay that is kind of a legal contract saying he will ship it but I think all you can do is accept the refund, give him a negative and hope another one pops up.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Similiar thing happened to me about a year ago, though the seller was a bit more transparent. I hit the BIN on a card and paid right away. One week later I get a full refund out of the blue. I emailed him to ask what happened and he said it was a consignment item that sold elsewhere. I'm sure he sold it offline for more.

Since I got a full refund I posted a neutral feedback. Kicking myself now for not posting a negative.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Thanks for the replies folks, kinda what I was thinking, just take the refund and move on.............

Fordman

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I had to refund a buyer last week because as I was looking for the lot of Vogelbacks that I sold I realized that I had already sold them a few weeks earlier and simply delisted by mistake...DOH!!!

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
Burbank backed out of an ebay sale with me because they said they listed the price of the card too low. They made it right by letting me pick out cards from their inventory that was twice the price I paid in the auction. Mistakes/problems/issues happen so accept it and move on.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I've made the error of listing a card and misplacing it and not being able to find it when the winning buyer paid. I hate when it happens. Especially when you find it later.

Members online

Latest posts