Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1 bad thing about the backdoored non auto Superfractor's, leads to fake autos!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Last edited:

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
So don't call it a fake auto. I personally love IP certified autos if done properly. Just wish the seller would have done it right and gotten a lumocolor instead. Got the card in my sig signed myself and it's one of my favorite cards.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
If the seller passes it off as an IP auto then great. That doesn't look like that's what this seller was going for by listing it at the price he did. I know he says its IP in the description but it looks like he's trying to pull a fast one. No one in their right mind would pay anywhere near that for an uncertified IP auto.

These have bad news written all over them.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Yeah, fake may be a little harsh, it's why I decided to go with after market after I thought about it. I just think it leads to some possible upset buyers down the road when they think they are getting the true autographed superfractor or they submit to a grading company and they won't grade it due to the after market autograph on it. To each his own I guess. I do like the card in your sig. Looks clean & pack pulled if I didn't know it to be after market.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
In this exact case, I think the seller did a fairly good job of disclosing exactly what it was (which is the ONLY way to do it), but I bet we see a lot more in the future with less description or possible outright bogus autos. I used to see it a lot with the 2001 Significant Signatures set, lots of fake ones of those out there, since a bunch of non-autographed ones hit the market including some huge names (Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Albert Pujols, Ozzie Smith)

Members online

Latest posts