Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone use Vintage Card Prices? Is a Membership worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Pretty self-explanatory thread, just looking for any member feedback before I decide to try it myself. Looks like it captures data on graded cards through about 1999?

I figured it would be useful to gather trends on key cards like Rookies or low population stuff.

Also, I tried searching but didn't find anything so please forgive me if this has been discussed in the past. Thanks in advance for any advice.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Pretty self-explanatory thread, just looking for any member feedback before I decide to try it myself. Looks like it captures data on graded cards through about 1999?

I figured it would be useful to gather trends on key cards like Rookies or low population stuff.

Also, I tried searching but didn't find anything so please forgive me if this has been discussed in the past. Thanks in advance for any advice.

From my experience it's better for cards pre 1980. They miss A LOT of 90's card auctions on there and quite a few from the 80's.

jonebone

Jan 3, 2011
MD
Darn... I believe we're both Ripken collectors mostly, so obviously I'm not as interested on the pre 80s stuff.

Any other reputable sources that go back farther than eBay completed?

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Darn... I believe we're both Ripken collectors mostly, so obviously I'm not as interested on the pre 80s stuff.

Any other reputable sources that go back farther than eBay completed?

Not that I know of unfortunately. And just to expand a little more on my previous comments... I think for most major issues in the 80's (Base Topps, Fleer, Donruss, etc.) they are fairly good at tracking. Once you get to the 90's though it seems to be a free for all on what gets tracked. I did a spot check with 50 of my PSA 10 Ripkens and VCP had tracked 4 of the 50. Also, they do only track graded cards, so any rare cards that sell ungraded go untracked.

Latest posts