Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's old is new again!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone else noticing we are seeing a lot more 90's style stuff lately? Trust me, I'm in no way shape or form, complaining. I'm happy as can be. But I notice panini doing a lot of acetate stuff and topps has been on a hell of a diecut kick lately. Even Leaf has the crusades cards going.

So is everyone liking this? Or is it just blah?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I just wish panini was making MLB licensed cards. They are making some very awesome looking basketball and football stuff. And some of the diecuts topps has been doing are absolutely stunning. To me, nothing will ever be better than pacific, especially their pro bowl diecut cards. But I'd say topps is certainly being innovative with some of their designs. Makes you wonder if they've been taking note of how popular some of the 90's stuff is and actually adding in things actual collectors will like. Which is cool to see them doing on things that aren't big hits.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
I just wish panini was making MLB licensed cards. They are making some very awesome looking basketball and football stuff. And some of the diecuts topps has been doing are absolutely stunning. To me, nothing will ever be better than pacific, especially their pro bowl diecut cards. But I'd say topps is certainly being innovative with some of their designs. Makes you wonder if they've been taking note of how popular some of the 90's stuff is and actually adding in things actual collectors will like. Which is cool to see them doing on things that aren't big hits.

I have to echo Pacific. I think they did a "net" card too for baseball, a foul pole subset or something. I did enjoy Metal as well.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Yeah Rud. Haven't seen you around in ages! Glad you're back!

It was foul pole net fusions or something. Panini did it with their crown royale line but it was football and it was kickers and the net they use behind the goal posts.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
I have to echo Pacific. I think they did a "net" card too for baseball, a foul pole subset or something. I did enjoy Metal as well.

Panini did it recently also in hockey, using goal nets.

Rudzud

Aug 7, 2008
Cherry Valley
Yeah Rud. Haven't seen you around in ages! Glad you're back!

It was foul pole net fusions or something. Panini did it with their crown royale line but it was football and it was kickers and the net they use behind the goal posts.

I'm 100% they did it with baseball. Or maybe it was pacific cards with a piece of the net. Mo Vaughn? had one for Fenway.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell

love pacific like the new prizm cards from panini

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'm 100% they did it with baseball. Or maybe it was pacific cards with a piece of the net. Mo Vaughn? had one for Fenway.

Yeah Pacific did it for baseball. I have a slew. It's just that panini tried to revamp it with their crown royale stuff too(which is only football).

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
love pacific like the new prizm cards from panini

I like prizm but I'm just not hooked on it. To me it's a little more blah than some of the other stuff they've been doing. Some of their basketball stuff is other wordly for sure.

Members online

Latest posts