Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are you a diehard fan of more than one baseball team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Most members on this board seem to be diehard fans of a team.
But how many of you root for more than one team?
I don't mean just liking other teams. I mean being a huge fan of them.

I'm a diehard fan of the Rangers and Yankees, and to a lesser extent, the Dodgers.

Rangers:
The Rangers are my #1 team. I lived in Dallas most of my life, from age 5 until 33, and went to at least a dozen Rangers games every year. I have a big Rangers memorabilia collection, including a stadium seat from the old Arlington Stadium. I still go to a Rangers game when I visit my parents in Dallas.

Yankees:
I was born in New York and lived there until I was five. My dad grew up on Long Island and is a lifelong Yankees fan. I have tons of his old Yankees stuff and he's always telling me stories about the great '50s and early '60s teams.

Dodgers: My favorite player Andre Ethier is on the Dodgers. He became my favorite player in 2005 when I met him as a Minor Leaguer on the Midland, Texas team. By coincidence, he was traded to the Dodgers and called up in 2006, the year I moved to Hawaii, where all the Dodgers games are broadcast. Watching the team all the time made me a fan, and I love Mattingly as a Yankees fan.

So do you root for more than one team, or are you just a diehard fan of one team?

Last edited:

mkhawk21

Oct 7, 2012
Mason City, IA
As I've grown older, I've found that I like players on a lot of teams but really only follow a few teams. That being said, yea, I can say that I'm a big fan of multiple teams:

Minnesota Twins: Grew up a huge Twins fan!! Kirby Puckett was my favorite player as a kid and some of my best childhood memories were games at the Dome or watching them on tv. I still argue to this day that the 1991 World Series was one of the best and one of my favorites. Once Kirby retired, I actually didn't watch a ton of baseball just because of the way he had to go out. Once I moved back into "Twins Territory (North Iowa)", I really got back into watching the Twins and the young guys they have coming up through the system. There is a lot of excitement starting to build that while the pieces aren't there yet, they are getting closer!

Chicago Cubs: When growing up, I always had the Cubs games on WGN so it was easy being a fan of the "lovable losers". When I moved to Iowa (Des Moines), I had the Triple-A team right there so it was easy to enjoy watching the players pass through to the majors. Really was a big fan and wouldn't miss a game during the 2000's when they finally got the playoffs. I'm still rooting for the new regime to turn the team around and turn them into a winner. Don't get to Des Moines as often, but still get to a few games a year.

Washington Nationals: Two words behind why I like the Nationals: Bryce Harper! I really like the energy he brings and how he plays the game. If I'm not watching one of the 2 teams above, I'm finding the Nationals game to see how they are doing.

Great topic!

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
Rangers #1
I live in Ft Worth and go to a few games a year and watch most on TV. I tweet about them and collect Rangers prospects and current players.

Nationals #2
I follow them because of Strasburg and Harper, Rendon and Purke. As I bought in on them as prospects. Sold off most but have a habit of still following how they are doing.

Astros #3
I lived in Houston area for 8 years and was there for the World Series and playoff years. Now that they are an AL team I still hope the do well and beat the other teams in the AL West.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Pirates for fifty plus years , now we have a local low "A" team that was White Sox then Pirates and now Rangers so I follow the kids I've met thru the years .

VandyDan

Dec 5, 2011
Commodores and O's. I'm a fan of the players that played at Vandy and now play for other teams. I suppose I'm at best conflicted when they come up against each other. I think in baseball it is easier to root for an opposing player to play well and lose, since losses happen all the time and are individually inconsequential. So, if Price were to pitch against the O's, I'd basically hope for 8 innings of shutout ball, with Rodney blowing the save.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Have been a Blue Jays fan since I was old enough to follow baseball, probably in the mid-1980's. Never followed any other team, and don't plan to.

I grew up on Canada's east coast and it seemed like most young people liked the Jays, but older guys who were baseball fans since before the Blue Jays came into existance tended to root for either the Red Sox or Tigers.

Sent using the Freedom Card Board mobile app.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Mariners (AAA team was here forever)
Jays (Canada's Team...if the Rays become the Expos I'll cheer for them too)

Cardinals

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I always have a preference of what team I want to win a game depending on players and circumstances but I am only a die hard fan of one team, the Cubs

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Reds fan from birth, White Sox fan since acquisition of Adam Dunn. The ChiSox being in a different league make me feel better about rooting for a team besides the Reds.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I have 3 favorites.

1- San Francisco Giants. Always have been and always will be my #1 team.

2- Seattle Mariners- Even before I lived in Seattle, I had much respect (and pity) for the ho hum AL team forgotten in the very NW corner of the country. When I lived there for college, I all but fell in love with the team, and the amazing fanbase and stadium.

3- ANY TEAM PLAYING THE DODGERS >:O

Members online