Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roy Firestone says a HUGE name will come out and admit to steroids...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Doesn't Reggie have a book coming out very soon? Good way to drum up sales that's for sure, so its a good theory. That said, I hope its not Reggie. I loved Reggie. Gotta be someone from that era who isn't or won't be getting many votes anyway simply based in his era of play.

Edit-Bombjacked

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I bet Mike Schmidt used PED's
I bet Chase Utley used PED's

Sorry couldn't resist.

Here's a better format:

I bet Bob Hamelin didn't use PED's
I bet Craig Counsell didn't use PED's

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
What quantifies a huge star? Their own ego?

The huge stars these days on these message boards are players about to make their major league debuts so people can flip their inventories. I don't think half the people here even know what the Hall Of Fame is.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
If it is really a "huge name" (and this could also be blown up because, well, people like to exaggerate) my guesses would be Jackson, Henderson, and possibly Rice though I wouldn't put him in as big of a deal as Jackson or Henderson. Rice played with Fergie Jenkins (mentioned above by swish54_99) for a couple of years in Boston as well which would give him some actual insight.

Anyway, just ramblings/guesses.

Stop running these players you hate into the ground please!!!!!!

:-/

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Doesn't Reggie have a book coming out very soon? Good way to drum up sales that's for sure, so its a good theory. That said, I hope its not Reggie. I loved Reggie. Gotta be someone from that era who isn't or won't be getting many votes anyway simply based in his era of play.

Edit-Bombjacked

I just searched his name on Twitter and it looks like he's been on a media tour of sorts for a movie or something.

And the HOF is coming up soon as well. And of he has a book coming out, this would make sense.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
Were you the one that had a huge Boone collection back in the day? (Like BMB days?)

I have A Boone collection, but it's not huge.

There is another collector of his I know of, but not sure if he was ever a member of any boards.

I have a bunch of cards and jerseys and bats.

This guy had those things, and hats and cleats and gloves.....etc.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Reggie Jackson also trained with Canseco and McGwire on his way out in Oakland.

Reggie started his career during the time and in the place that was the epicenter of the steroid boom. Oakland in the late 60's.

Members online

Latest posts