Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cool article on the Northwoods League

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Do You See Many Of The Better College Players In This League

Most of the "top" guys end up going to the Cape to play during the summer, but we do get some decent guys that come through.

My team is in it's 4th season and already has 26 former players that have reached the pros, with the most notable guy being Hunter Dozier.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Do You See Many Of The Better College Players In This League

The league gets a decent amount of talent. Overall, I think it's a step down from the Cape and some of the other collegiate league. But it does get some very solid talent. Curtis Granderson, Max Scherzer, Jordan Zimmerman, and Chris Sale are some of the bigger recent names. Here's a link to an alumni list (both MLB and MILB). http://www.northwoodsleague.com/pdf/nwlalumni.pdf

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Most of the "top" guys end up going to the Cape to play during the summer, but we do get some decent guys that come through.

My team is in it's 4th season and already has 26 former players that have reached the pros, with the most notable guy being Hunter Dozier.
Hey are you a St. Cloud fan, or collect Northwoods League stuff?

I have a game-used St. Clouds River Bats hat of former Rangers 1st round draft pick Thomas Diamond (made the Majors as a Cub) that he autographed, plus a St. Cloud bobblehead of Diamond.

They're yours for free if you want them.
Just PM me your name and address.
I'll post scans of them in a little when I get home.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Hey are you a St. Cloud fan, or collect Northwoods League stuff?

I have a game-used St. Clouds River Bats hat of former Rangers 1st round draft pick Thomas Diamond (made the Majors as a Cub) that he autographed, plus a St. Cloud bobblehead of Diamond.

They're yours for free if you want them.
Just PM me your name and address.
I'll post scans of them in a little when I get home.

Thanks!

Willmar is my "home" team, but I do collect Northwoods League alumni, so I can sure use those.

I'll shoot you a PM in a bit

Last edited:

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Another nice thing about the league is that sometimes teams will hire former pros as coaches. There are only 2 former big leaguers currently coaching, but they do hire lots of former minor league guys.

When they come through, I like to buy their cards and have them signed, which is what I'll be doing tomorrow night.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Here are pictures of the game used hat and bobblehead I'm sending you:

diamondhat.jpg
diamondbobble.jpg