Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Top Cuban FA Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez Signs With the Phillies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Phillies To Sign Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez
By Charlie Wilmoth [July 26, 2013 at 9:03pm CST]
The Phillies have reached agreement with Cuban pitcher Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez on a deal worth over $50MM, Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports reports (via Twitter). With bonuses, Gonzalez's contract could be worth more than $60MM. The Red Sox were the other main contender for Gonzalez, Passan tweets.

Highly touted pitcher - a potential frontline starter who is nearly Major league ready. Hopefully Topps can get him in a future Bowman product.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
For those unfamiliar with him - Y! SPORTS

I haven't read enough about this guy to form an opinion, but as a fan I'm excited to see what this guy brings to the table. I hope we still have money to resign Utley though...

LOL did you read the comments? That one guy said, "Passan is an idiot and needs to proof read what he wrote. 'is almost 50 percent bigger than the previous high for a Cuban, $42 million from the Los Angeles Dodgers to Yasiel Puig.' $59 million is not almost double $42 million. Passan needs to go back to math class and I definitely hope no one has him as an agent or he'll get fired like Tarrell Brown's agent."

I think he needs to go back to math class, because 50% bigger does not mean double
:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts