Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
And how about Matt Kemp? Sure, he's not nearly as fast or defensively inclined as he once was and he's still prone to the strikeout but he's been an extremely productive cleanup hitter with plenty of pop left in his bat.

Now 7-3 Braves (thanks again Rick roll Markakis)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
As of right now Freddie Freeman is tied with Chris Sale for the highest fWAR in the majors (2.2) while Baseball Reference has him leading the NL for rWAR (2.0)

Here are his stats that are ranked top 10 in the league
.378 avg (4th)
.491 OBP (2nd)
.811 slg% (2nd)
1.302 OPS (2nd)
10 HR (3rd)
25 Runs (3rd)
34 Hits (7th)
18 Walks (4th)
18 XBH (2nd)
73 Total Bases (2nd)
.433 ISO (4th)
227 wRC+ (3rd)
.527 wOBA (2nd)

Some interesting tidbits: Freeman has only struck out 16 times this season, yet he's drawn 18 walks. Over 50% of his hits go for extra bases & he's averaged a run scored per game (25 G/25 R). He's a legit superstar who tends to go under the radar since he's been playing for a bottom 5 team for the last couple years.

Phew almost blew that game.

I'm just not sure I believe Matt Wisler is a major league caliber pitcher anymore. He'll put together some real good starts in a row but they are always followed up by a string of really, really bad games. It's a shame because I had high hopes for him a few years back.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Luiz Gohara thru 5 innings - 5 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 3 SO (pitch count: 62)

No activity in the bullpen so he'll go back out there in the 6th. Glad to see him strike out two in the 5th with another goose egg.
His prices have been on the rise lately. I read a lot about him and just I started to Buy, he gets traded

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
His prices have been on the rise lately. I read a lot about him and just I started to Buy, he gets traded

Got a few myself:

Got a base & refractor auto coming in the mail. When I began buying a few weeks ago his base autos were going for roughly $5 dlvd and I picked up the purple for less than $10. They were a steal at those prices so I couldn't pass em up. And you're right, prices have begun to pick up steam, I only wish I would have bought more color before they did.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Frigging ridiculous. He threw a pitch right down the middle on a 3-2 count with 2 outs and the umpire called it a ball. Of course the next hitter drove in a run. Should have been another scoreless inning. What BS, it looked so much like a strike that even the opposing teams announcer called it strike 3 before the ump made the call.

Luiz Gohara - 6 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 2 BB, 3 SO

That stat line would look so much nicer with two less base runners, an extra K and a goose egg in the runs column. Oh well, still a quality start

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Got a few myself:

Got a base & refractor auto coming in the mail. When I began buying a few weeks ago his base autos were going for roughly $5 dlvd and I picked up the purple for less than $10. They were a steal at those prices so I couldn't pass em up. And you're right, prices have begun to pick up steam, I only wish I would have bought more color before they did.
I'm unwise because I bought thinking he might be playing in Modesto, I should have just bought them after reading all the positive stuff

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Freddie Freeman hit his 11th HR of the season in another Braves loss (2-for-5 HR, 2B, 2 BB, 2 RBI)

.349 avg 11 HR 19 RBI 1.224 OPS

- 20 of his 37 hits are XBH
- Same number of walks as strikeouts (22:22)
- Top 5 in avg, OBP, slg%, OPS, HR, XBH, TB, BB, Runs, ISO, WAR, wRC+, wOBA
- On pace to 61 HR, 112 XBH & 145 Runs scored
- His base autos now exceed $100 :D