Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
Penno said:
blitzerlover said:
I saw a Aaron auto from the same set on ebay a while back, I wish I would have won it. They would have looked nice together.

How much did it end for?

60-70. The auto was smudged and it wasn't certified. Still cool though.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
I have these Braves from the 91 season...gonna try to get autos from all the guys on that team

davidjustice.jpg

marklemke.jpg

rongant.jpg

sidbream.jpg

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Derek Lowe pitched great again today...had the one bad inning...Braves score 3 in the bottom of the eighth to win 3-2. Lowe went 5 Innings, 2 runs, 6 Ks. I think he's going to have a great season.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Anyone else watching the game right now? Can't believe there was a play at the plate in the 2nd inning, but it was great to see Frenchy nail someone out.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Penno said:
Anyone else watching the game right now? Can't believe there was a play at the plate in the 2nd inning, but it was great to see Frenchy nail someone out.

Not able to watch cuz I'm at work, but it looks like Vazquez had a good first outting as a Brave.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Tom Glavine had a successful first ST start...3 IP, 2 hits, 0 BBs, 1 K

Medlen had another scoreless inning.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Frenchy had a bases loaded double for 3 rbi. He hasn't shown much power, I think just 3 or 4 extra base hit including the exhibitions, but the lack of strikeouts have me looking forward to the season.

It's also great to see Glavine have a good outing. The less starts he'll have as the 5th starter compared to other members of the rotation coupled with the fact that the AAA pitchers will be readily available on short notice in case of small injuries, he could have above average, dare I say, good year stat wise.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Penno said:
Frenchy had a bases loaded double for 3 rbi. He hasn't shown much power, I think just 3 or 4 extra base hit including the exhibitions, but the lack of strikeouts have me looking forward to the season.

It's also great to see Glavine have a good outing. The less starts he'll have as the 5th starter compared to other members of the rotation coupled with the fact that the AAA pitchers will be readily available on short notice in case of small injuries, he could have above average, dare I say, good year stat wise.

I think that if Lowe and Vazquez can go 200 innings, and JJ can go 180 innings, and KK 150 innings then Glavine could be a 5 inning pitcher over say 25 starts. He could be very effective that way.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
thenumberonemetfan said:
This is easily my least favorite thread ;)
Those fan favorite autos are beautiful.

Thanks.

Campillo's running into some trouble in his 3rd inning of work...surprised he's going this long in his first appearance of the spring...I know he pitched for Mexico, but probably should have worked him in more slowly.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Lowe pitched outstanding again today...I'm really looking forward to seeing what this team can do in the regular season.

Kelly Johnson went 3-3.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
You'd think they were the Mets the way they were choking away the Grapefruit league title ;)

They picked two good days to be on TV, with KK and Lowe pitching. Both were impressive, I must say.

Members online

Latest posts