Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
A few things...

Are you worried about his weight being an issue?

Albies > Swanson in every category not just power.

You sold all his autos when he got called up?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
A few things...

Are you worried about his weight being an issue?

Albies > Swanson in every category not just power.

You sold all his autos when he got called up?

Yes, I am worried about Gohara's weight. May become a problem in the future so I'm hoping he loses some weight this offseason.

I didn't sell all my Albies autos but I did sell a significant portion of them because they had more than tripled in value the price I originally paid. I had always planned to make some money from the start which is why I had bought multiple base & refractor autos. I did keep my best ones.

And yeah, Albies is a beast. Even Charlie Sheen says so ;)

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Hopefully he does lose some lbs. and get into better shape.

Which Albies ones do you still have? Did you sell them right when he was called up? I only have his base BC auto.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Hopefully he does lose some lbs. and get into better shape.

Which Albies ones do you still have? Did you sell them right when he was called up? I only have his base BC auto.

I sold some a little after he got the call but I also sold some back around Spring Training when all of a sudden he got a huge spike. Base autos were going for $40 so I had to get in on the action because I wasn't sure they'd ever go any higher for a shortstop with nearly no power. When it comes to prospecting home runs are what sell & speedy contact players with close to no power generally never go much higher than $40. But then all of a sudden this year he began to display power & now he's hit 15 HR in 2017 (AAA + MLB). Here's the thing, young shortstops/2nd basemen who can hit for average, steal bases & hit 15/20+ HR are some of the best selling prospects possible who certainly can reach $100+ per base (Lindor comes to mind) which means I should have held longer. Albies was the first prospect I had ever decided to invest in & when I was stocking up on his cards back in 2015, the plan from the start was to buy a bunch of base autos/refractor autos/purple refractor autos to sell in the future and then keep the rarer color refractor autos for my PC, which were never to be sold.

In short, I kept a Green Refractor auto, blue refractor auto & a purple refractor auto. Those are staying put and won't ever be selling.

I wanted to do the same with Ronald Acuna but his autos were so damn high from the start. I've got a base auto & 2 purple refractor autos. It's been real tempting to sell since I paid $250 for those and could have turned it into $1k before the minor league season ended but I'm playing the long game with him because I think he could become a superstar. I plan to keep one of the purple refractor autos and selling the other two off when the time is right.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Since the season is over, I’m curious how you all feel about the Matt Adams move now?

Well, he did a great job filling in for Freeman while he was injured. Hit a lot of home runs, stuck around .300 & was looking like he'd become an incredible trade chip for the offseason...but as the season went on he came down to earth, didn't make enough contact, wasn't willing to take walks and since his defense was so poor (and Freeman was healthy) there was nowhere to put him and he eventually became a pinch hitter. He only started 3 games in September. I nearly forgot he was on the team until you brought it up.

I'll say this much, when he's hot he can practically carry the team on his back...the balls just fly outta the ball park. But sorta like Justin Upton, when he gets cold he becomes an automatic out. He needs to be on a team that is in need of a first baseman in order for me to get a full picture of the guy. Otherwise he's just a pinch hitter with some pop.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Welp, the Coppolella era comes to a close as he was forced to resign from his position as the Braves general manager after an MLB investigation found "proof of significant international market infractions". Because it is an ongoing investigation, Jon Hart was limited in what he was permitted to say regarding the matter and Coppolella has not been allowed to comment. It's unclear when the infractions were committed or what they even were. All we know is that whatever was dug up during the investigation was quiet serious.

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/257175486/braves-general-manager-john-coppolella-resigns/

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Braves milb organizational All-Stars were revealed

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/rona...nta-braves-organization-all-stars/c-256592866

Catcher - Alex Jackson
2nd Base - Ozzie Albies
3rd Base - Austin Riley
Outfield1 - Ronald Acuna (surprise, surprise)
Outfield2 - Christian Pache
RHP - Bryse Wilson
LHP - Joey Wentz

The rest are non-factor players who likely won't see mlb playing time or already have but won't be seeing it again.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Braves milb organizational All-Stars were revealed

https://www.milb.com/milb/news/rona...nta-braves-organization-all-stars/c-256592866

Catcher - Alex Jackson
2nd Base - Ozzie Albies
3rd Base - Austin Riley
Outfield1 - Ronald Acuna (surprise, surprise)
Outfield2 - Christian Pache
RHP - Bryse Wilson
LHP - Joey Wentz

The rest are non-factor players who likely won't see mlb playing time or already have but won't be seeing it again.
Not Soroka? After everything I read about him I thought he had a great season

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Latest posts