Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Freddie Freeman hit his 22nd HR of the season along with a double

But the big story of the game is Ender Inciarte hitting a pair of home runs, drawing a couple walks & stealing a couple bases. He has officially joined the 10/10 club :D

His stat line looks pretty impressive
.300 avg 10 HR 42 RBI .754 OPS 17 SB

He is still top 10 in hits (150 - 2nd), runs (77 - 8th) & stolen base (17 - 7th) & on pace to reach 200 hits this season.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Acuna is as ready for the majors as any prospect could possibly be at this point. He is destroying AAA pitching at the ripe age of 19. There are still some things that he'll need to fix but he has only gotten better the higher he's climbed through the ranks. It's been at least a decade since a Braves prospect has shown as much promise as Acuna has in the minors.

His combined A+/AA/AAA stats - .320 avg/.374/.539 20 HR 70 RBI .913 OPS 37 SB

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Think he will get called up this year?

I'm a little hesitant since both Dansby and Ozzie have struggled after being called up.

Earlier this month someone in the Braves organization said it was unlikely he'll get the call this season. Which is fine with me because if we wait 12 days through the 2018 season before calling him up we'll get an extra year of team control.

I'm not worried about Albies. Most prospects struggle when they get called up, especially the younger players. We always hear about the kids who rake upon their call-up but that's more the exception than the rule. This is generally followed by regression, take Dansby for example. The Kris Bryant & Carlos Correas of the world are far and few between. As for Dansby, I'll admit I have my concerns but from the start I always believed he was over-hyped. Most never expected him to become a superstar. He was rated highly because he was a very solid, major league ready shortstop with a high floor...but not a huge ceiling. I still think he could eventually put it together.

As for Acuna, I see something in him I didn't see in Albies or Swanson. He is very, very advanced for his age and it's not just one or two tools that make him special. He really is a true 5-tool player with a huge ceiling. And I still see Albies becoming a well above average major league player but I think it may take a couple more seasons before he begins to reach the lofty expectations people see in him. I feel it will be a couple more years before Acuna does as well (at the major league level). It would be awesome if he comes out crushing the ball immediately but I'm learning to curb my expectations with prospects so not counting on it.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
But I love it.. :)
(Go Mariners!!!)

Yeah, the shoe was on the other foot for a change... where the other team is the one eliminated from the playoffs. It was easy to see the low give-a-sh*t meter when they missed a throw by 90 feet and all the Braves starting laughing. ;)

Nice sig card, I had a chance to buy one a few years back for $250 but sadly had just sent about 300++ on a few others so was flat out of cash :(

Members online

No members online now.