Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Survived Irma with no major damage! Dodged a bullet!

Great to see Freeman hit a HR with guys on base. Feels like most of his are Han Solos.

Albies is a beast!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Ozzie Albies - .293 avg 3 HR 19 RBI .828 OPS 3 SB 1.4 fWAR

He has exceeded my expectations to this point in his career. He's the youngest player in baseball and has somehow managed to hit close to .300 with an OPS above .800. Very advanced approach to the plate with deceptive power. In a couple years some of his line drives will leave the park and he'll put up double digit home runs but for now we should expect a lot of extra base hits that stay in the park. I have been saying it since last year, I think he has the ceiling of an Altuve type player with a tick less power (10-20 HR opposed to 20-30 HR) but you never know, nobody expected that sort of power out of Altuve either. At some point in his career he'll be taking home some batting titles. I've always thought Albies was the superior prospect to Swanson but Swanson was the safer pick (higher floor, less ceiling).

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Albies reminds me of Furcal. Small, quick, switch hitter with sneaky power. I loved watching Furcal play so it's a good thing.

Furcal was the shiznac. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Albies finished with a career (40 WAR/.281 avg/314 SB) as good as his. I know everyone expects these top prospects to become superstars with comparisons to players like Altuve, Trout & Kershaw but it generally doesn't happen. I'm sure 99+% of minor league players would kill to have a career as good as Furcal's.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Furcal was the shiznac. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Albies finished with a career (40 WAR/.281 avg/314 SB) as good as his. I know everyone expects these top prospects to become superstars with comparisons to players like Altuve, Trout & Kershaw but it generally doesn't happen. I'm sure 99+% of minor league players would kill to have a career as good as Furcal's.

Shortstops with higher career WAR than Furcal since 2000: ARod, Jeter, Rollins, Reyes, Hanley (does he really count?), Tejada, Tulo

Latest posts