Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Our top pitching prospect (IMO...even if most top 100 lists would disagree with me) Mike Soroka is killing it in AA as one of the few teenagers in the league. He leads the league in wins (10), ranks 2nd in ERA (2.38), 3rd in WHIP (1.02), 6th in IP (105.2), 7th in strikeouts (91) & among qualifying pitchers he's issued the 7th least walks (21). I can't find a site that ranks minor league pitchers in FIP/xFIP but I'm sure his 3.09 FIP & 3.14 xFIP would also rank among the top 5 in his league. If he continues pitching this way for the remainder of the season I'm sure in 2018 he'll be ranked as our #1 pitching prospect, opposed to Allard (who has looked outmatched, been issuing too many walks & lacking the ability to strikeout batters).

I still believe Allard has the highest upside among our current crop of pitching prospects but it may take longer for him to get adjusted. You can't forget that he's also only 19 and pitching at the level he is at his age, most pitchers would struggle. Soroka on the other hand probably has the highest floor among our pitching prospects.

Very nice. I've purchased some nice cards from over that way too from eBay, including Japan and Korea. Shipping takes forever though and costs more but oh well.

Yeah, I notice a lot of sweet rarer cards from oversea sellers that are also priced nicely. You just have to be prepared to wait awhile to get them.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Apparently the Braves are in the final stages of trading Jamie Garcia to the Twins for a prospect. MLBTR reported the deal is done except for the formalities and a few minutes later mentioned the Twins may be receiving another player in the deal.

Nobody seems to know who the prospect the Braves will be receiving is.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Apparently the Braves are in the final stages of trading Jamie Garcia to the Twins for a prospect. MLBTR reported the deal is done except for the formalities and a few minutes later mentioned the Twins may be receiving another player in the deal.

Nobody seems to know who the prospect the Braves will be receiving is.
I read Maitan

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Maybe the Braves are waiting too see if they beat the Dodgers tonight before they pull the trigger on the trade.:wink: Currently, the Braves are winning 6-1 in the 4th as Folty is outpitching McCarthy. Go Phillies!

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
That was quiet a game last night. Not only do we defeat the undefeated Alex Wood but a Braves starting pitcher hits a grand slam for the first time in over 50 years. It must have been awhile since the Dodgers took a beat down like that.

Maybe that will help get more value in a Garcia trade?! Regardless taking two in a row from the Dodgers is pretty impressive.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Maybe that will help get more value in a Garcia trade?! Regardless taking two in a row from the Dodgers is pretty impressive.

That's what all the Braves fans down on the mlb.com message boards are hoping for. His grand slam may have gotten the attention of other teams, however I do not believe what he did with his bat is of any concern to GM's, especially the ones in the AL. On the other hand, him going 7 quality innings and getting the win against an incredibly hot Dodgers lineup may have certainly bumped his trade value. If we eat the rest of his contract it's possible a top 100 prospect could be involved in any given trade scenario. Maybe even some young major league ready talent.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Lucas Sims debut - 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 3 K

He was actually better than that line would lead you to believe. In all honesty only one those runs should be earned. The double by Puig should be a 2-base error on Santana and I can't for the life of me figure out why the 3rd run was charged as earned. With 1 out Puig attempted to steal 3rd & Flowers made a throwing error that allowed him to score. This was followed up by a fly out & a ground out. Flowers throwing error was the ONLY reason that run scored. I suppose if you assume Puig steals 3rd, you can also assume the fly out scores Puig. Lot of assumptions.

Most importantly, Sims didn't issue any walks. He was locating his pitches well and there was good movement on both his off-speed pitches & fastball. The only real mistake he made was hanging a curve to Bellinger.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Lucas Sims debut - 6 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 0 BB, 3 K

He was actually better than that line would lead you to believe. In all honesty only one those runs should be earned. The double by Puig should be a 2-base error on Santana and I can't for the life of me figure out why the 3rd run was charged as earned. With 1 out Puig attempted to steal 3rd & Flowers made a throwing error that allowed him to score. This was followed up by a fly out & a ground out. Flowers throwing error was the ONLY reason that run scored. I suppose if you assume Puig steals 3rd, you can also assume the fly out scores Puig. Lot of assumptions.

Most importantly, Sims didn't issue any walks. He was locating his pitches well and there was good movement on both his off-speed pitches & fastball. The only real mistake he made was hanging a curve to Bellinger.

Bellinger aka THE MISTAKE CRUSHER

Nice debut by Sims! What velocity does he work at?

Members online