Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I found this interesting...Freeman has played just 43 games this season & has a total of 16 home runs. The Braves have 75 games left in the season, therefor 75 potential games for Freeman to play. Let's assume Freeman is able to play at least 65 of those games. If he continues on the same pace he has throughout the year, he would end up hitting 40 home runs. Of course players generally don't stay on the same pace throughout a season but the fact that he's missed over 40 games this season and could still potentially hit 40 home runs is pretty amazing. He's averaging exactly a home run every 10 at-bats.

Now that he's just entered his prime years, a full season from him is going to look crazy good.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I have followed him ever since he was called up and I always knew that he had the potential to be an elite power hitter, despite the fact he was generally finishing each season with just 20 or so home runs. He's always had the physical build and bat strength of someone who's capable of 30+ HR

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Freeman has a hit in each of the 7 games since his return and has a slash line of .400/.438/.800 (1.238 OPS) with 3 home runs & 10 RBI. Remember that he's done all of this even after being moved to third base, a position he hasn't played since high school.

That is impressive. Glad he came back still going strong.

You see we offered the White Sox Albies for Quintana? Glad that trade didn't go through.

No, I didn't see that but I'm also glad we didn't make that trade. I wouldn't mind making a run at Verlander if the Tigers eat a chunk of the contract and it doesn't cost us any top 50 prospects.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
This happens every time the Braves reach .500! It's always followed up by a long losing streak. I think it's happened 3 times this season and I don't believe they have ever gone beyond .500 (with the exception of the first week of baseball).

Simply put, I do not believe they will surprise everyone and become a dark horse contender. It's time to trade away the vets (Phillips, Markakis, Kemp, Dickey & possibly Garcia) for more prospects and bring up some of our own prospects who are ML ready (Albies, Acuna, Sims)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Also, I'm very annoyed that [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] is listed as the top poster of this thread with 1k+ posts in the search engine.

I was always the top poster of the Braves game thread on BO by a MASSIVE amount so this is a let down. I need to start posting more often during the games.

Members online

Latest posts