Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
We seem to have a good group of Braves' fan on this site. Figure it would be good to start one of these.

Lowe pitched great today. 3 IP, 0 hits, 1 run, 2 BBs, 3 K against Venezuela...their lineup is pretty good to. Run scored on a walk, SB, and two wild pitches.

Chipper and BMac homered for the US.

Anybody else excited by the new season? The pitching staff looks like it's shaping up pretty good.

Anyone know why Vazquez hasn't pitched yet?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
This will be a very intriguing season for sure! We have a lot of interesting pieces, and if they're healthy, I think we can hang with the Phillies, Mets, and Marlins.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
85 sounds about right, to get more than that I think you have to say either Frency and someone else (Kotchman?) will suprise on offense or Kawakami and the bullpen will be strong... Personally, if the braves make a run at a wildcard I think it will be a result of better than expected pitching

oh, and McCann is going to his 4th straight all-star game... maybe people will start to notice, considering he is only turning 25 this month

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
abravesfan said:
oh, and McCann is going to his 4th straight all-star game... maybe people will start to notice, considering he is only turning 25 this month

Doubt it...has to be one of the most underrated guys in the hobby.

I also think 85 sounds about right, but if KK produces the team could hit 90...I'm going to be optimistic and say over 85.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
blitzerlover said:
Anyone see the Mccann refractor auto that only got 50?

~yeah would have bid but would rather pick up a lars anderson chrome at that price~

I ended up second highest, didnt have the funds to put in an appropriate bid but still almost ended up winning, kinda sad... I'll show off some of my recent hauls soon

So what are people's take on Frenchy? Bounceback year (aka hits like 2007, around average for a RF), sucks like last year, or somewhere in between? If he still isn't hitting by say July 1, do you throw in the towel and trade/promote someone else?

Personally I think he'll be ok this year, but not quite up to an average RF, and the Braves will be looking at trading/non-tendering him next year. Hewyard is coming, they can start fresh, and given how they rolled over on his salary this year if he improves some from last year he'll be due to get more than he's worth.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Oh, and I put May 15th as the over under before Blaine Boyer's arm falls off, considering how Bobby tried to kill him last year

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
chuckbartowski said:
Anyone know why Vazquez hasn't pitched yet?

Vazquez did pitch in a camp game last Monday, I also think he's part of the WBC.

I'd also take the over on 85 wins, but I'm a homer.

spahnandsain

Aug 11, 2008
Conover NC
Great thread guys, we do have quite a large following of Braves fans here.

Kind of a silly little impulse buy last night. I thought the auto looked really nice on it.
$1.50 dlvd
!BNekStgCGk~$(KGrHgoOKjsEjlLmWUfiBJpzpkuz0g~~_1.jpg

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Sounds like Jo Jo looked great today...still have this

jojoautorc.jpg

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
i think 85-89 wins seems about right. and in a season or two, when the either bring up their stud prospects or trade them for stars, they will be contending. i dont think the mets will be great, but the phillies were. id like to see 92 wins and second in the division

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
cgilmo said:

I made the mistake of buying one of those when people thought he had a bright future. :lol:

I still think he can be average, hopefully. I remember when I first became enamored with him at AA pitching against Longo and the Montgomery Biscuits. Pitched a good game that day.

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
i sold my UDPP autos (made a decent bit), unfortunately still have way too much into this

scan0028.jpg

Members online

Latest posts