Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Atlanta Braves Discussion and Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Our top performing pitching prospects:

Allard 4-1, 1.23 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 35 K/12 BB
Wilson 2-0, 1.72 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, 33 K/12 BB
Harrington 4-2, 1.88 ERA, 1.07 WHIP, 31 K/5 BB
Gohara 3-1, 1.98 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 39 K/10 BB
Sims 4-0, 2.16 ERA, 0.82 WHIP, 42 K/9 BB
Soroka 3-3, 2.84 ERA, 0.89 WHIP, 36 K/8 BB
Newcomb 2-2, 2.89 ERA, 1.37 WHIP, 46 K/19 BB
Weigel 3-0, 3.05 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, 43 K/12 BB
Wentz 1-3, 3.44 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 37 K/7 BB
Anderson 2-3, 3.48 ERA, 1.42 WHIP, 41 K/18 BB

The only ones who haven't been dominating to some extent are Max Fried & Touki.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Top 10 league rankings for our pitching prospects:

Allard - 2nd ERA, 3rd Wins, 4th IP, 7th WHIP
Wilson - 6th ERA
Harrington - 1st Wins, 5th ERA, 7th WHIP
Gohara - 6th ERA, 7th Wins
Sims - 1st IP, 2nd Wins, 3rd WHIP, 3rd SO, 7th ERA
Soroka - 3rd WHIP, 6th Wins
Newcomb - 2nd SO, 10th IP
Weigel - 3rd IP, 5th SO, 6th Wins
Anderson - 9th SO

Aug 3, 2014
Lineup card from Braves dugout for Chipper Jones 1st MLB hit.

Great thread! Neat to see all the posts. Here's an item that might fit on this thread. It's a lineup card from the Braves dugout from Chipper's first MLB hit. Lots of other Braves pieces on the site too.

CooperstownExpert.com

Attachments

• Chipper-Jones-lineup-car-694x1024.jpeg
    Chipper-Jones-lineup-car-694x1024.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 6

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
It's official....Freddie Freeman leads the majors in home runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great thread! Neat to see all the posts. Here's an item that might fit on this thread. It's a lineup card from the Braves dugout from Chipper's first MLB hit. Lots of other Braves pieces on the site too.

CooperstownExpert.com

That's an awesome piece of history Cooperstown!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
It's nice to see Swanson finally heating up and it's a shame so many Braves fans seem to have written him off already (at least those on mlb.com). A lot of it has to do with the fact that they fell for the hype and expected too much from the kid. In all actuality this is just his first full season in the majors and often you have to be patient with rookies. I believe that eventually he'll become a good defensive shortstop who will put up a .280 avg/.350 OBP, hit 10-15 HR & steal 10-15 bases in a season on a regular basis. He may make a couple All-Star appearances down the line. I never expected a superstar out of him, just a very solid perennial 3 WAR player.

Freddie Freeman is a beast of a superstar who is aligning himself with the likes of Harper & Trout. If you compare his stats to those two this season you'll notice many similarities. His 2.6 fWAR is higher than Trout and 2nd only to Harper while his 2.4 rWAR (barely) trails only Trout & Harper. He leads the league in home runs & is top 3 in just about all the important offensive stats with the exception of RBI & stolen bases. If he were on a better offensive team like the Nats or Cubs he'd be top 3 in that category too. He also leads all of baseball in ISO (isolated slugging% which is: slg% - avg = ISO)

Our offense has begun to really heat up lately, especially the middle of the order (Freeman/Kemp/Markakis) and Swanson at the bottom of the order. If we had decent starting pitching we could be a really good, contending team. This would really be the time to give Newcomb, Sims & Weigel a shot because they are the future and our future needs solid starting pitching to contend. Beyond those 3 we've got plenty more elite pitching waiting for us one or two years down the line (Allard, Soroka, Gohara, Anderson)

Glad you enjoyed it. If you get a chance, check out the site CooperstownExpert.com

Lots of stuff there that you might like.

I'll do that.

johnryno

Mar 23, 2017
Country Club of Maryland
giphy.gif

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Go figure. Having an MVP caliber season and now is injured and will probably be out for a while. There goes the season!

He was on pace to having a MONSTER season had he been able to play the full season. I can only hope that the injury isn't as bad as Freeman's facial gestures would suggest it was and there was no serious damage. If that were the case he may only be out for a couple weeks and he could still make a run at an MVP and this team wouldn't fall apart as badly as it would had it been a 2-4 month dl stint. However, as a natural pessimist it's hard for me to hold out that sort of hope. I guess we'll find out soon as he's undergoing a CT scan (the first tests were inconclusive because the swelling was so bad). But even if it's a shorter dl stint who's to say it won't drastically effect his performance when he returns?

It really is a shame because at the moment Freeman was my main source of excitement when it came to the major league team. Without him we're just a team struggling to stay around .400. Hopefully some of our young exciting prospects will get the call soon because I need a reason to tune in daily!

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Sorry guys. Looks like he'll be out about 10 weeks. Tough break. Freddie is my favorite Braves player and I've always enjoyed watching his at bats. I root for him to do well except when the Braves play the Phillies. And he kills us! Freddie is a great guy and I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Hate to say it but there is no reason to watch without FF5. This team was below .500 with him it's going to be a huge struggle without him to win games.

Members online