Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about condition on an old Jeter dual Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Hey everyone,

I picked up this 1997 Elite Smith/Jeter dual auto (back when Jeter was on the "B" side of the card lol). Overall the card is in really nice shape. Corners and edges are nice, auto is sharp (which may be most important) but I noticed what look like large print spots on the right side of the card (toward the top in the gold area on the right side of the card, and then further down touching the right edge in the gold sections nearer to the bottom.) I have the Puckett/Jones from the set and it has much more minor spots. My gut feeling is that it's not a big deal and was probably pretty standard for the set (I ran my finger over the areas and it does not feel like there is any external damage.

Would appreciate any info/thoughts. Thanks!

9512570376_43de0de015.jpg
9512570304_33874d2694.jpg

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
No info for you but damn thats a nice card!

Thanks! I've been picking up some "older" (albeit brand new compared to vintage) autograph cards. They showcase on card sigs of some great players (often early in their career) and they are tough to find.

Anyone have any thoughts on the condition?

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Since I do not have or have owned the Jeter I am not sure how it compares to others. But you may want to submit to grading , maybe request a minimum grade, and just see what those who may have run across it grade it. I have cards that have surface flaws similar and I usually just chalk em up as no shot at a 10, but if your keeping it maybe take the shot?

Ryan

**btw , I like where your going w early autos of players

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Since I do not have or have owned the Jeter I am not sure how it compares to others. But you may want to submit to grading , maybe request a minimum grade, and just see what those who may have run across it grade it. I have cards that have surface flaws similar and I usually just chalk em up as no shot at a 10, but if your keeping it maybe take the shot?

Ryan

**btw , I like where your going w early autos of players

Thanks for the response. My gut feeling is that it is some sort of printing defect which was always there. Overall the card is in great condition so I'll probably just enjoy the fact the auto is sharp and the card is otherwise in great shape. I hadn't thought of grading it anyways, so that's not really a concern.

While I don't have another Jeter to compare it to, I can compare it to the other side (which does not have it) and this one which does not either:

9512356521_d7bfe0634d.jpg
9515145584_3269cd9440.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Hey I found a scan on Worthpoint and it does not have the mark, then I thought about it and the non autod ones are the same and I saw some on eBay and they do not have it. With that said its prob a defect where something went wrong in your card, but it still does not detract from it at all. Great card

Ryan

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Hey I found a scan on Worthpoint and it does not have the mark, then I thought about it and the non autod ones are the same and I saw some on eBay and they do not have it. With that said its prob a defect where something went wrong in your card, but it still does not detract from it at all. Great card

Ryan

Wow thanks for taking the time to look. I really appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts