Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Upper Deck Opens up a special group breaking program for Diamond Dealers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
[h=1][/h]Posted on August 14, 2013 by cgilmo

If you can’t beat em, join em. I’m not sure if it’s the relative success of Panini America’s group breaking program that many have had success with or the strong theme of group breakers at this years National, but UD is now welcoming group case breakers with a new program. This has a twist though, as you must be a diamond dealer prior entering this program.
From the offical UD email..
“Any Upper Deck Certified Diamond Dealer interested in becoming a part of Upper Deck’s Authorized Group Breaker program may apply today. Collectors who purchase from Upper Deck’s network of Authorized Group Breakers will have added confidence in knowing they will receive the product they should be getting. Additionally, Upper Deck is working on a program to provide incentives and special promotional items to Authorized Group Breakers throughout the course of the year to again provide collectors taking part with a more exciting experience.”
While I applaud the forward thinking I wonder how long it is going to take them to realize that diamond dealers aren’t the ones at the fore front of this sports card phenomenon. I guess we will see how the applications shake out. As a diamond dealer myself, I have an application to submit.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Posted on August 14, 2013 by cgilmo

If you can’t beat em, join em. I’m not sure if it’s the relative success of Panini America’s group breaking program that many have had success with or the strong theme of group breakers at this years National, but UD is now welcoming group case breakers with a new program. This has a twist though, as you must be a diamond dealer prior entering this program.
From the offical UD email..
“Any Upper Deck Certified Diamond Dealer interested in becoming a part of Upper Deck’s Authorized Group Breaker program may apply today. Collectors who purchase from Upper Deck’s network of Authorized Group Breakers will have added confidence in knowing they will receive the product they should be getting. Additionally, Upper Deck is working on a program to provide incentives and special promotional items to Authorized Group Breakers throughout the course of the year to again provide collectors taking part with a more exciting experience.”
While I applaud the forward thinking I wonder how long it is going to take them to realize that diamond dealers aren’t the ones at the fore front of this sports card phenomenon. I guess we will see how the applications shake out. As a diamond dealer myself, I have an application to submit.
If only they had a hot product or two I'd be excited about this.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
Gilmo, correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Topps saying something about just supporting HTA and not group breakers

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I think Mud is talking about the Topps group where you have to spend 10k or something like that to get in.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I use to love UD baseball cards back in the day. Wish they had a MLB license.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!