Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do I get to a Rangers game without a car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Any Rail lines, bus system (greyhound) near by and that can drop you off near the stadium? In California.....we have the greyhound bus system, Amtrak train lines.....I can go from northern california (San Francisco) to southern california (los angeles/san Diego)...in fact the Amtrak train has a stop behind the Angels stadium! In San Francisco...Bart (bay area rapid Transport system) can drop you within walking distance of the San Francisco stadium or drop you off in front of the Oakland A's stadium! Best regards, David

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Any Rail lines, bus system (greyhound) near by and that can drop you off near the stadium? In California.....we have the greyhound bus system, Amtrak train lines.....I can go from northern california (San Francisco) to southern california (los angeles/san Diego)...in fact the Amtrak train has a stop behind the Angels stadium! In San Francisco...Bart (bay area rapid Transport system) can drop you within walking distance of the San Francisco stadium or drop you off in front of the Oakland A's stadium! Best regards, David

Eh, if you wanna walk a mile+ sure. If you're taking BART to a Giants game, just get of at Embarcadero, hop on one of the 5000 muni trains they have dedicated to the game and ride it straight to the gate. I once saw this crazily dressed couple both had big orange mohawks. They werewalking up to the gate when we was getting off of MUNI train at the gate. They got onto the BART train right before us in Pleasenton. We just missed it cuz one of our party was in the bathroom, but we got to the gate at the same time as they did.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Eh, if you wanna walk a mile+ sure. If you're taking BART to a Giants game, just get of at Embarcadero, hop on one of the 5000 muni trains they have dedicated to the game and ride it straight to the gate. I once saw this crazily dressed couple both had big orange mohawks. They werewalking up to the gate when we was getting off of MUNI train at the gate. They got onto the BART train right before us in Pleasenton. We just missed it cuz one of our party was in the bathroom, but we got to the gate at the same time as they did.
Its a good 20 minute walk......but taking the easy way (muni trains)......did you see the number of overweight people.....I prefer walking and taking in the view! Best regards, David PS been to San Francisco for vacation the last 20 years!

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm hoping to attend some or all of the Rangers series against the Twins at the end of August. I don't own a car and live in the Denton area. Anybody have any recommendations for transportation options?
Do you not have any family or friends nearby who can go with you and drive?

Apr 13, 2010
Nice. Got some good advice and a few laughs.:cool:

I have a car, but I hate driving 5+ hours home when a giants game ends at at 10:30 PM.

I often carpool with friends, even have gone to the extreme of paying for their ball game ticket.

Craigslist rideshare is also an option. Offer someone a beer in the ballpark or an easy $10 to pick you up if they're going anyway.

Thanks for the tip. This was the type of response I was looking for.

Über is probably your best bet.

Otherwise, cab or limo?

Never knew about Über. Thanks for the heads up.

Practice hard, play well in high school, get drafted, work your way up through the minors . . .
"Get to"+"attend" ≠ "Play with"
Besides, my fastball topped out at 80.

38.1 miles should only take me 12.5 hours according to Google Maps. Best I've done previously is 96 miles in 6 days.

google maps has a mass transit option. Put your location and the Stadiums and bamn
If only it were that easy. This may help clarify things for you a bit. A San Francisco take on Arlington?s lack of public transportation | Texas Rangers Blog
This thread has so much potential!!!
I suppose it does...especially if you would contribute something useful or humorous.:lol:

show a little leg, and hitch hike
This might work. I just need to remember to shave.

You could always go by horse, or bicycle.
Anybody have a horse for rent? I'm a little concerned about the 10.9 mile stretch on 377.

It's Texas. I reckon horse-drawn covered wagons are a dime a dozen. Or hitch a buggy to a friend's horse and giddy up. You have chaps and spurs, right?
Currently it's a bull market on horse-drawn covered wagons. Best I could find was $299.99 for a one day rental, but only if I included oats. Pawned the chaps, spurs, and 10-gallon hat to purchase a computer and "get all modernlike."

Ok ok I have nothing better to do. $100 bucks, a ticket, soda and 2 Hot dogs and you got yourself a deal.
I live in Ft Worth off 35 so it's not to far of a drive to pick you up. It's gonna cost
me $60 in gas. Plus I will introduce you to a broadcaster I'm friends with. Deal?..being totally serious as long as you don't kill me, steal my jeep or touch me in bad places.
Jeep gave you a lemon. Picking me up, going to the ballpark, dropping me off, and returning home is about 180 miles. 2013 Jeep Wranglers have combined city/highway mileage of 18. If gas is 3.50/gallon (most stations well below that here currently), that's $35 for gas :D

Sadly, there is no Greyhound stop in Arlington. The only public transportation to that area starts service on the 19th, but has no return trips towards Dallas after 9:41. I'd like to see a whole game.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
Jeep gave you a lemon. Picking me up, going to the ballpark, dropping me off, and returning home is about 180 miles. 2013 Jeep Wranglers have combined city/highway mileage of 18. If gas is 3.50/gallon (most stations well below that here currently), that's $35 for gas :D

Mathematics strikes again!

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I'm hoping to attend some or all of the Rangers series against the Twins at the end of August. I don't own a car and live in the Denton area. Anybody have any recommendations for transportation options?

Like any other ranger's fan, steal a car.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Arlington Texas is the largest city in the country without any public transportation. The last time I went to a Rangers game, it took us 2 hours from Dallas in rush hour (usually only takes 45 minutes to an hour at that time frame) to drive to the ball park as their was a soccer gold cup game at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington. I would gladly take a train and walk a short distance to go the field rather than that driving. And for the World Series, when I went in 2010 and 2011 we learned we had to leave by 3 PM (yes 3 PM) for decent parking spaces for the 7 PM games. As you can tell, I'd rather go to the Frisco Roughriders, cheaper tickets, fun atmosphere and my partial plan with All you can eat and parking costs me $16.50 per game. in 2012, there were 4-5 players I saw which have been in the majors (or will be shortly) including Engel Beltre, Olt, Profar, Garcia and have also seen Kinsler, Martin and other prospects on the way up.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Its a good 20 minute walk......but taking the easy way (muni trains)......did you see the number of overweight people.....I prefer walking and taking in the view! Best regards, David PS been to San Francisco for vacation the last 20 years!
On a nice day (which is almost always in the City) I usually walk from the Embarcadero to the game, but take the Muni back. Lunch at Lefty O'Doul's first. Relaxing ride back to Dublin/Pleasanton and a 90 minute drive home. Going to an A's game is even easier - there's a station right outside the Mausoleum.

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
On a nice day (which is almost always in the City) I usually walk from the Embarcadero to the game, but take the Muni back. Lunch at Lefty O'Doul's first. Relaxing ride back to Dublin/Pleasanton and a 90 minute drive home. Going to an A's game is even easier - there's a station right outside the Mausoleum.

Yup sounds about right. The worst BART ride I ever had was for a Sunday 1:00 PM Giants day game in September.......

Both niners and raiders had home games. I was scared for my life and my privates.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca

All things considered, if you practice hard and play well, get drafted, work your way through the minors. Considering your fastball topped out at 80mph. You still can "get to" + "attend" and NEVER "PLAY WITH". There is plenty of room on their bench.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth

Never knew about Über. Thanks for the heads up.

38.1 miles should only take me 12.5 hours according to Google Maps. Best I've done previously is 96 miles in 6 days.

If only it were that easy. This may help clarify things for you a bit. A San Francisco take on Arlington?s lack of public transportation | Texas Rangers Blog
I suppose it does...especially if you would contribute something useful or humorous.:lol:

This might work. I just need to remember to shave.

Anybody have a horse for rent? I'm a little concerned about the 10.9 mile stretch on 377.

Currently it's a bull market on horse-drawn covered wagons. Best I could find was $299.99 for a one day rental, but only if I included oats. Pawned the chaps, spurs, and 10-gallon hat to purchase a computer and "get all modernlike."

Sadly, there is no Greyhound stop in Arlington. The only public transportation to that area starts service on the 19th, but has no return trips towards Dallas after 9:41. I'd like to see a whole game.

Are you a student at UNT? Sounds like you are pretty smart or have alot of time on your hands to figure all that out about my Jeep it has 33in tires and I drive fast so the mpg is a little less than 18-19 depending on how much driving in town you do.. Well it takes less than $60 to fill it up. The $15 was part of my profits from doing you a favor and letting you take me to a game. Still a good deal for you.

Best thing to do for a game is park at one of the area bars and take their buses/trolleys to a game. Arlington actually has a trolly system that picks up at several hotels etc. Pretty cool way to avoid driving around the ballpark or paying for parking,

Apr 13, 2010
No kidding with all that research and calculating you would think he would find time to get a job and buy a car.

Are you a student at UNT? Sounds like you are pretty smart or have alot of time on your hands to figure all that out about my Jeep it has 33in tires and I drive fast so the mpg is a little less than 18-19 depending on how much driving in town you do.. Well it takes less than $60 to fill it up. The $15 was part of my profits from doing you a favor and letting you take me to a game. Still a good deal for you.

Best thing to do for a game is park at one of the area bars and take their buses/trolleys to a game. Arlington actually has a trolly system that picks up at several hotels etc. Pretty cool way to avoid driving around the ballpark or paying for parking,
:lol: Yes, I'm a UNT student. But this isn't rocket science. This is ...
img877.png

Members online