Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Charlie Manuel fired

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Another reason why I love Manuel is he is a spitting image of my grandpa who passed in January of 2012:

DSC07559.jpg

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So classless, why not do it TOMORROW after the ceremony, ultra DICK move

Ummm, I think having the ceremony and then canning him the next day would be an even bigger dick move, or at least just as big. Why celebrate a guy you know you are about to fire. The dick move was firing him at all, as we've all said, the Phillies problems aren't his fault, and firing him won't solve them.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Not all the Phillies problems are his fault.

But his lack of game management has hurt them. I don't like how he handles a bullpen at all and his "AL style" of waiting for the 3 run HR with way too many Strikeouts in the lineup doesn't work as your Roster age out of their Prime...

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Ruben Amaro gutted minor system of prospects for one big run that never happened. Poor Charlie became a scapegoat to Rachel Phelps built team

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
+1 what a crappy way to treat him

It upsets me that I support a team that ignores sabermetrics AND treats their people like crap. Charlie may not have been the best manager, but he managed our first world series win since 1980 and we couldn't even let him finish out his contract? He was a classy guy and I'm going to miss his hilariously repetitive post-game interviews. It really upsets me that I support an ownership that works this way.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
we couldn't even let him finish out his contract? He was a classy guy

yeah, they should have just let him finish up the contract, but on the other side of the coin I could see how they'd want Ryno to manage the remainder of the season to decide if being a MLB manager is for him or not
before removing the "interim" label or looking for another manager at the end of the season when all sorts of managers are up for hire.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts