Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============= The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning Dan, I bet you enjoyed the "new" LSU offense!

Still haven't found a Money FFL league to join this season, the FCB didn't fill, does anybody need one more?

Im hoping LSU's new offense can work out their kinks, but looked pretty good against a top 20 team to open the season on the road.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Richard - Glad the wrist is doing good. Be sure to follow ALL the Dr.s orders.;)

Andrew - Hope all turns out well.:grouphug:

Alex & Charlie - I blame you two for making my stomach impersonate a thunder storm until we get to the commissary later.:D

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning all!
Clothes dryer crapped out yesterday so it looks like we'll be appliance shopping today.

Just had my washing machine repaired Thursday. Thank goodness the manufacture paid for the parts or it would have been cheaper to buy a new one!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
They were delicious!
Ribeyes are my favorite, but I am also a huge fan of Tri Tip. I haven't heard of that movie, who is in it?

We had dinner at The Keg on Saturday, and it was National Bacon Day. So I asked the waiter if he could get the cook to top my Ribeye with bacon...and man was it delicious!!

1174979_499468483469000_1547790405_n.jpg

I'm officially hungry now

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
And i hope everyone gets to enjoy their labor day. It is today, right? I'll be at work, but we get to close early, which doesnt mean much cuz i'll still be working an 8 hour day. Hope everyone has a great bbq, and a cold one in hand with their feet up at least once today!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning! Couldnt decide which to come back with... The white back version, the grey back version, or the Tiffany. So i went with the Tiffany. Enjoy! And it was only recently i knew about the different colored backs. You all should double check your collections for the variants. :)

1991 Topps Traded Tiffany 4T.jpg

There are different colored backs on the 1991 Topps? I have nearly 1000 1991 Topps Andre Dawson cards, going to have to check it out. I looked at every front trying to find different color borders but found none and Dawson isnt in the A or B so he doesnt have different color logos on the back.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
Morning all......took a much needed break from the site. Didn't buy a card for 6 months. I've bought a few things recently. I'll share here in a bit. Hope everyone is doing well.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
There are different colored backs on the 1991 Topps? I have nearly 1000 1991 Topps Andre Dawson cards, going to have to check it out. I looked at every front trying to find different color borders but found none and Dawson isnt in the A or B so he doesnt have different color logos on the back.

I believe the cards from packs had one color, and the complete sets had the other color. I havent scanned my backs yet and added them to my variant section. Its on my to do list :) If you want to see the Variants I have thus far, you can check them here:
http://www.thebagwellcollector.com/Bagwell/Variants/index.html

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I believe the cards from packs had one color, and the complete sets had the other color. I havent scanned my backs yet and added them to my variant section. Its on my to do list :) If you want to see the Variants I have thus far, you can check them here:
Bagwell/Variants

Thanks for the link! Always looking for new variations.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada

On some 1991 Topps, the 40 years logo on the back is a little bolder. Also, 1991 OPC looks just like Topps except for the Canadian copyright line (there's no Traded though).

- Rodrick

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
On some 1991 Topps, the 40 years logo on the back is a little bolder. Also, 1991 OPC looks just like Topps except for the Canadian copyright line (there's no Traded though).

- Rodrick

I was told that the different logos on the back were only on A* and B* and unfortunately Dawson is a D*. I am going to check the backs though after lunch to see if I have some different colored ones and while doing so I will check out the logos.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
If you cant see a difference in the back (white vs grey), gimme a day and I'll scan the backs and upload them so you can see. Its pretty clear though. White like a blank sheet of paper, or grey like newspaper.

Plus, I wonder if it applies to the base set. Mine is a traded card, so maybe its different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts