Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Well shockingly it's already at $30 lol. Where do you think these thing settle? I guess it sounds like people want to buy them as if they're a pack of cards.

Are you guaranteed anything in particular like an auto or something?

Sorry for the stupid questions. Maybe I just need to google the sale sheet and read what's said about them.

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

My > $20 comment was in regards to a RIPPED rip card :) Unripped ones /10 will always sell since it is Topps/A&G. Depends on what you want, if you just want it for the "front" of the card and don't want to spend too much, either track down any possible recent sales of the Belles and see if you can track down the winner. If so, see if you can get a hold of them and ask to buy the ripped card off of them if that makes any sense. As to what you might find in a rip card pages 4 and 5 show it specifically: http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/2013Allen&Ginter-HOBBY.pdf

DaBaddestHic

Aug 16, 2013
My > $20 comment was in regards to a RIPPED rip card :) Unripped ones /10 will always sell since it is Topps/A&G. Depends on what you want, if you just want it for the "front" of the card and don't want to spend too much, either track down any possible recent sales of the Belles and see if you can track down the winner. If so, see if you can get a hold of them and ask to buy the ripped card off of them if that makes any sense. As to what you might find in a rip card pages 4 and 5 show it specifically: http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/2013Allen&Ginter-HOBBY.pdf

This sounds like a solid plan, asking people if they still have their ripped one. They aren't selling as much as in previous years (I know one big buyer of past years is refusing to buy them this year because Topps added the dual rip ones and it was already super expensive to get them all without that.) I actually have a friend that pulled a dual rip one this year and told him I'd help him sell it since he's new to collecting. Need to talk to him about that...

Good morning all :).

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Don't buy an unripped card for your PC. This thing has haunted me for 7 years! Everytime I see it, it puts a voice in my head of "OPEN ME! FIND OUT WHAT'S INSIDE!" It's quite annoying actually.

06TOPPSAGRIPCARD99.jpg

Well shockingly it's already at $30 lol. Where do you think these thing settle? I guess it sounds like people want to buy them as if they're a pack of cards.

Are you guaranteed anything in particular like an auto or something?

Sorry for the stupid questions. Maybe I just need to google the sale sheet and read what's said about them.

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

Alex - This is SUPER helpful! Thanks! I think it's a mystery what you can or would get in one... I'm not sure what I'll do but there are only 10, so not sure how many will surface on eBay and how many I would be able to track the winner down for.

This sounds like a solid plan, asking people if they still have their ripped one. They aren't selling as much as in previous years (I know one big buyer of past years is refusing to buy them this year because Topps added the dual rip ones and it was already super expensive to get them all without that.) I actually have a friend that pulled a dual rip one this year and told him I'd help him sell it since he's new to collecting. Need to talk to him about that...

Thanks for the info, that's helpful.

Don't buy an unripped card for your PC. This thing has haunted me for 7 years! Everytime I see it, it puts a voice in my head of "OPEN ME! FIND OUT WHAT'S INSIDE!" It's quite annoying actually.

06TOPPSAGRIPCARD99.jpg
Yea, it's be for the PC and I am torn (no pun intended) on what to do. Clearly I want one for the PC because it's now on his list and I want one BUT I'm with you and feeling like I'll need to RIP it if I get one... Which to be honest, if I had to pay up for it, I would rip it really nicely and clean and see what I got I guess LOL. I'm guessing I won't be bidding against any Nick Swisher fans but rather A&G fans and people who love the product, etc.

I'm probably going to take a pass on this item but thanks a lot for the details. I'm guessing I should assume a $50 bid won't win this item.

Mac

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Gents - For the new A&G release, what is the deal with the RIP cards /10? Meaning, what can be had in them if ripped? There is a Belle up and I'm interested in it for obvious reasons but feel like I'm going to be fighting people interested in the actual rip thing.

Is it possible actual ripped versions will surface? God, I don't need it to unripped I don't think

---

One Andre Dawson non ripped has hit Ebay and it went unsold for $400 buy it now. One ripped has been listed and I got outbid for the single fact that the other bidder bid before me. We both bid $50

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I wouldn't be able to rip an Allen and Ginter card with Walter Johnson, Ted Williams and Harmon Killebrew (and a few others) on it. I can live with the mystery and not think twice about what hidden card could be inside.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Just to clarify, the two Andre Dawson cards I am talking about were double rips with Gray Carter. There is NO way I could ever rip a Dawson card, I could not care less what is inside it. I can not believe I bid $50 on a Dawson card that was ripped and did not get it.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
One Andre Dawson non ripped has hit Ebay and it went unsold for $400 buy it now. One ripped has been listed and I got outbid for the single fact that the other bidder bid before me. We both bid $50

That's why I usually bid something like $50.09. I grabbed the Denard Span rip card from a few years ago ripped for about $5, but he's also a lesser player and his was /99

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
That's why I usually bid something like $50.09. I grabbed the Denard Span rip card from a few years ago ripped for about $5, but he's also a lesser player and his was /99

I usually bid with an .08 ending for his jersey number but just forgot that time and it cost me!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Why not rip the card when you could make your money back or more and still have the card you wanted in the first place?

What if the Dawson 1/1 wood mini was inside?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Interesting. I would assume people wanting the "pack" over the actual card will outbid player collectors like us. I just wish there was a way to get it after it had been ripped LOL.

I couldn't live with it being unripped, so if I win one, I'm ripping it and hope for the best of both worlds haha

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have some ripped cards that I need to sell.. as well as the SP Mini's that came out of them..

I pulled a Red Ink Auto of Papelbon one year and did get a decent price for it..

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Why not rip the card when you could make your money back or more and still have the card you wanted in the first place?

What if the Dawson 1/1 wood mini was inside?

I want the card intact, my whole hobby life we have always been concerned about the condition of cards, so much so that there are grading companies now, and now all of a sudden just because there is a card inside we are no longer concerned with the condition of the card? It is obvious I have a different opinion on this situation than some others but I want my Dawson card intact and I do not care what card is inside it. There is no card inside that card that would make me happier than having the card intact unless it was a Dawson 1/1 and I will take my chances that it isn't.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I have a few graded cards, but I guess I just don't take the hobby that seriously anymore.

I think the difference is that I don't collect anyone other than Dawson, most of you collect other players or teams or sets or something else. Dawson is the only player I collect. If you guys ripped a card you might be happy with the card inside. I would not be happy with a card inside unless it was a Dawson card so why rip the card I want? Im not looking for any other card of any other player and Im not looking for a pay day. Remember I was willing to trade my Griffey Thunderclap Gold Medallion for a Dawson Thunderclap Gold Medallion when I did not have one.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I think the difference is that I don't collect anyone other than Dawson, most of you collect other players or teams or sets or something else. Dawson is the only player I collect. If you guys ripped a card you might be happy with the card inside. I would not be happy with a card inside unless it was a Dawson card so why rip the card I want? Im not looking for any other card of any other player and Im not looking for a pay day. Remember I was willing to trade my Griffey Thunderclap Gold Medallion for a Dawson Thunderclap Gold Medallion when I did not have one.

I would rip the card cleanly and still consider it as part of my PC and I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Plus, I actually do view it as a bonus that there is a card inside and why the hell not roll the dice and see if you get lucky on a 1/1 or red auto or something lol. Just my opinion... It's the beauty of the hobby I guess.

---

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Just a clarification by the way haha... The Belle IS a double rip card, so I guess I'm going to be in deep water and probably not going to acquire one hah.

So anyone know prices double rip cards are going for?

---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts