Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collector non-card thread. Post pics & talk about unusual collectibles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
When you win the World Series, you get to be in pancake house comic books battling evil sea monsters that take up residence in your ballpark's center field swimming pool. Makes perfect sense to me!

01IHOPCOMICBOOK.jpg

That is insanely awesome!

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX

1984 MLBPA pencils. There are actually 2 Ripkens from this that look virtually the same, just one is series 1 and the other series 2.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Miller Lite did a nice set of 4 pint glasses in commeration of the 10th Anniversary of the D-Backs world championship. I believe the others were Johnson, Schilling and Gonzalez. Haven't seen too many of these - think they were a Phoenix-area bar promotion only.

2011_pintglass.jpg

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Great stuff guys.

I know we are supposed to show non-card stuff, but this is pretty cool. Here is a card made out of leather.

IMG_6208.jpg
[/URL]

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
A fellow Olerud collector gave me this as a surprise when we traded a few cards last winter. His friend does glass etching and made a set for him, and he thought I'd like one.

1381859610701.jpg

The thing is massive! Probably holds 3 or 4 bottles worth if beer and weighs a ton! His "throw-in" ended pushing his postage cost for our small card trade to over $45! It was a very thoughtful gesture to be sure.

- Rodrick

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
1982 Burger King lid
oddball82BKlid.jpg

Original Topps baseball player gift list file card from the Topps Vault containing the gift choices and Topps baseball card payment history. Players were eligible each year for a gift from the Topps catalog or cash in exchange for their baseball card rights.

It has some cool pencil writing with some of his minor league movement in the early 80s (top left). Also noteworthy is that he was compensated a whopping $5 in 1979. Woo hoo!
toppsvault1979contractfile1of3_small.jpg

2005 Arizona Diamondbacks nameplate - this would go over his locker on road games when he was the first base coach with Arizona.
butlerlockerplate.jpg

Padres scouting report card
oddball89scout2.jpg

oddball89scout1.jpg

I never get tired of showing this off
AAtoAAAcontract_1000X764.jpg

butlerbobblefront.jpg
butlerbobbleback.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
I was excited to see Andruw land on a game cover back in 2002. Of course I bought the game. Over the years I was able to find a promo disc that was not intended for resale as well as this unused game display.

photo.JPG

This poker chip is also odd...Never been able to find any information on it.

POKERCHIPANDWBC.jpg

Last edited:

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Although I haven't added much lately, I do have these:

IMG_3790.jpg

Silver Slugger figurine from the Altoona Curve
IMG_2987.jpg

Vote Jose shirt they handed out for the 2011 All Star Game
IMG_2985.jpg

Vote Jose Election Sign
IMAG0167.jpg

McFarlanes
IMAG0166.jpg

Oyo's

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
That is really cool
Where do you find things like this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Honestly, just a lot of digging through photo archive sites and eBay listing for the major newspaper companies who are selling out their respective inventories as they digitize everything. They're rarely labeled correctly or listed correctly if in auction format, so it's time consuming, but worth it.