Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collector non-card thread. Post pics & talk about unusual collectibles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Great stuff guys.

I know we are supposed to show non-card stuff, but this is pretty cool. Here is a card made out of leather.

IMG_6208.jpg
[/URL]

1992LeatherArtCard.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Impromptu Winniepalooza! I've got plenty of other stuff that just wasn't at arm's reach.

IMG_20131016_200442.jpg

And I did a blog post a few years ago about all my first day covers/silk cachets of Winfield.

This year, I picked up these two from his time with the Blue Jays:
Image_03607.jpg

Image_03608.jpg

Last edited:

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Impromptu Winniepalooza! I've got plenty of other stuff that just wasn't at arm's reach.

IMG_20131016_200442.jpg

And I did a blog post a few years ago about all my first day covers/silk cachets of Winfield.

This year, I picked up these two from his time with the Blue Jays:
Image_03607.jpg

Image_03608.jpg

Are those envelopes legit? I see them from time to time on eBay listed as silk catchets or something like that but I've never snagged one?

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Are those envelopes legit? I see them from time to time on eBay listed as silk catchets or something like that but I've never snagged one?

If by "legit" you mean they're not just customs someone threw together, then yes. Colorano, Z Silk and Gateway have been issuing these things for some 30+ years. Those companies' main markets are non sports collectors, they just issue a few a year.

There is a good explanation of what they are here:

Knottywood Treasures - Colorano & Collins first day covers

There are some that I would classify as customs, but even some of those are pretty nice (though some just look like jumbled messes).