Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player collector non-card thread. Post pics & talk about unusual collectibles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
mattingly1992pin.jpg

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
This is as good as mine. Appears to be a Panini sticker page with Kingery in the backround.

That would be from the 1988 Topps sticker album. Panini stickers were usually all the same size. Topps gave the big stickers to the team stars and All Stars, and the small ones to everyone else.

olerud363

Jun 14, 2010
Ontario, Canada
98nat.jpg

98spire.jpg

spirefront.jpg

Anyone play Baseball Boss back in the day? It was a great online gane with virtual "cards". Olerud had three, and I wish I had saved pictures of the backs too. The game shut down abruptly back in 2010, reportedly because they ran into issues with Topps who were supposedly developing their own card-based online game.

- Rodrick

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not exactly sure where this came from, but it is the Studio One poster image. i am guessing it was either cut from something larger or it was issued as a promo for the poster. I'll have to pull it out, but I want to say it was semi-rigid, like a postcard, not poster-like paper.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This was a countertop display piece for 1994 Leaf. I was heavy into Frank Thomas at the time and the store I used to frequent either gave this or sold it to me after the product was sold out.

I redeemed my Frank thomas card and ended up winning one of 5000 Gold MVP sets, as the ad piece explained. That was major at the time. Now those gold cards are not that impressive, but back then it was amazing to have won!

Here is the "limited edition" jumbo Frank Thomas prize card that everyone got for redeeming a winner contender card. Remember when numbered to 20,000 was limited?!

Last edited:

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
1987 Super America schedule poster. Got it autographed by Puck, then eventually Gaetti.

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes mail-in comic book.

Mini replica gloves made by Rawlings in 1999 (I think). there were six in the series, but I only have Griffey...

and McGwire.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010

I am not sure where these came from originally. They are similar to the Baseball Digest crosswords from the 70s, but larger. i was thinking maybe Sporting News, but I don't have any old issues to search.

Anyone know?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This appears to be some sort of RC Cola/Beer test run or production mistake perhaps.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Mopar, that is weird stuff. Like to know the full story. How about a Paul O'neill light switch plate:
ls.jpg