Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I've got a bad feeling about my auction...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marterburn

Oh, hey guys! I've been around, just lurking and not posting hardly at all. Anyhow...

I just listed an item. It got one bid right away, then a second from a different bidder. Then the first bidder came back and bid 41 times to get back into the lead....so now it looks like I'm the world's dumbest shiller. Looking into this guy's history, there's nothing to indicate he'll pay (most of the item titles he's won are blank), so I'm guessing he just keeps his bidding behavior up and doesn't pay....or another bidder wins and accuses me of shilling, which I can't really defend well.

...the best part is that I have a whole week to watch it happen. Cheers!

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Could you not just remove the listing, block the 'shill bidder' and relist?

I mean if you are that concerned...

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I recently had some suspicious bidding activity on two auctions I bid on and won. The mysterious bidder had a high amount of bids with the seller in question but did not appear to be bidding on any other cards of his and the seller got really ticked at me for questioning him. Not that I cared. I've been getting shilled left and right lately. I'm tired of it. Since eBay plays the mystery game now with bidders, I don't care if I tick someone off, I'm not going to deal with the possibility of being shilled. And it's been getting very bad lately.

In any case, my point is I'm starting to wonder if it was not another seller because right after I won, the same cards popped up from another seller. Cards that will sell for nowhere near that amount and also nowhere near the amount I had to pay.

So either way I'm kind of ticked but I've yet to leave feedback because I've yet to decide what to do or what to think.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I bid like that somewhat regularly on items I don't snipe (although maybe not 41 times). I think a lot of people do...maybe it looks like shilling but it's the way some people bid. If you've done nothing wrong, what do you have to be afraid of?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts