Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Randy Johnson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Hello, I am a Randy Johnson collector from Taiwan and I have over a thousand Randy Johnson unique cards. But I don't have too much time to organize and scan them... I keep a list to track my autograph cards and you can see some of them from my facebook page

A few RJ collector, welcome! You have way more autos from the mid 2000s than I, you must have been actively collecting at that time (I quit around 2003). Check out my photobucket below to see all my cards, and if you ever have time to checklist what you have, I have over 24,000 dupes completely organized I could pull from.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Another San Francisco card.. :benson:

up-jo2.jpg

Man (besides that being a sweet patch) I am not understanding why they do it other than some type of contract they have with the league that makes them list the current team they are signed to. Or the data base at UD just has the teams loaded an no one takes the time to edit it based on the card. Regardless it kills the appeal.

Ryan

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
This is on eBay right now
1448590120559.jpg

And this is in my possession, bought a year or 2 back. If you look at the fine details you'll see they are actually 2 different cards. Great job artist, you really know how to mix things up.......
1448590135621.jpg

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
So after more than 2 years of chasing, I am now 1 card away from completing all the #/150 base subsets of 2007 Topps Moments & Milestones. I just need card #56 pattern #3 (12 Complete Games Dbacks). One card away on this and on '98 Tek, so close all over. No chance I would attempt the black #/29 set.
1448928906349.jpg

And fun fact, Topps did not make about ~20 various patterns in 07M&M, Randy Johnson has 5 missing cards. I homemade them to fill out my binder pages. The left one is real, the right 2 are my photoshops.

1448928889821.jpg

Attachments

• 1448928913801.jpg
    1448928913801.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 20

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Two things ,

1. that size Jumbo Patch is /30 ? Seems crazy they had that many

2. That patch is amazing , well done. Certainly one of the best patch cards made IMO

Ryan
I was concerned about the card which is why I choose not to go after it. If I was a hardcore Randy Johnson collector I would have taken the chance and still went after it even with the possibility of it being altered. I have not fully researched the card but when I magnified the photo I saw too many red flags for me to make a run. Regardless, what a nice card.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
No worries just try and do research before buying card or ask around. We all can help each other out in some way or another.

Last edited:

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
After over 2 years I have finally completed the entire 2007 Topps Moments & Milestones RJ subsets of the base #/150 (not even close on the #/29 blacks). There are actually 5 cards out of the 735 that Topps did not actually print. This is confirmed from multiple sources. I know of 3 other completed RJ sets, but mine has 5 custom made cards for the missing patterns. Check out the collage and see if you can spot them!

I also think it's funny I could find 735 cards in ~2 years but have been unable to find 20-30 '98 Tek patterns needed in the same amount of time.

If any RJ or M&M collector is out there, I have 200-300 dupes from having to buy lots in order to get certain patterns.

dadaedffd.jpg

rj_moments_collage.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That's extremely impressive, and even more impressive in just 2 years. Then add on 2-300 dups and that's crazy. Congrats. Also read that follow up on the Snake Patch, sorry man, but glad you were able to find the evidence.

Ryan

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
This may be one of the biggest max bid vs final auction price discrepancies in the history of eBay. The sense of pride I have from owning this card is amazing. There are 2 other RJ bat plates out there, one has a quite faded full name and the other has a very uncentered 'Arizona'; I have neither. The best part of this card is his picture, it's of him from the perfect game when the catcher was jumping up & down on his way out to the mound at the end. The road to 5,000 cards has began!

attachment.php

Attachments

• a3j3gpq8.jpg
    a3j3gpq8.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Congrats on the addition. Well done barrel cut. And your right that Arizona off center one, wasn't really attractive.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts