Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Randy Johnson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Picked up this card:
Randy Johnson 2003 Diamond Dominators Gold Patch .jpgRandy Johnson 2003 Fleer Mystique Diamond Dominators Gold Patch Unnumbered Back.jpg
2003 Fleer Mystique Diamond Dominators Gold patch Unnumbered

These are normally /10 but i guess this was a factory replacement

If anyone is interested let me know

Dan

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Great looking card! Congrats on the latest addition and on your impressive player collection. I don't think I even own 5,000 cards in total.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Presented without comment

schillingrjdual.png
2017 Topps Transcendent Randy Johnson & Curt Schilling Dual Wood Autograph 1/1 - no parallels

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
sweet stuff in here...i am in the process of rescanning a bunch of cards (indirectly forced by Photobucket's change of terms of service, as i'm moving all my scans to Google Photos)

2FdTFuQ

2D3mxFl

2qC1zLc

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
If poker is characterized as hours of boredom and moments of sheer terror, then hardcore player collecting is weeks/months of sheer boredom and text messages/maildays of sheer exhilaration.

1998 Pinnacle Certified Prototypes/Unreleased Rainbow

98certified1.jpg

1998 Select Jersey Number Parallels Prototypes/Unreleased (#00/00 on back) Quasar Levels 1, 2 & 3
20180223_141312.jpg

Quasar 3 with flash since it's more of an 'in person' card
98selectnumbers3.jpg

Oh and just a 1998 Donruss Signature Series Preview Yellow Prototype

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yesterday I stumbled on a 2004 Diamondbacks oddball release that I never knew existed. I bought a small lot to get the Alomar, but Johnson is in the set too. It was a stadium giveaway made by Pepsi and UD. I figure if I didn't know about this maybe RJ collectors don't either? The only real reference I could find for it online is the Standard Catalog:

https://books.google.com/books?id=v...page&q=2004 diamondbacks pepsi alomar&f=false

There are also other Dbacks Pepsi sets listed back to 1998.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Yesterday I stumbled on a 2004 Diamondbacks oddball release that I never knew existed. I bought a small lot to get the Alomar, but Johnson is in the set too. It was a stadium giveaway made by Pepsi and UD. I figure if I didn't know about this maybe RJ collectors don't either? The only real reference I could find for it online is the Standard Catalog:

https://books.google.com/books?id=v...page&q=2004 diamondbacks pepsi alomar&f=false

There are also other Dbacks Pepsi sets listed back to 1998.

Based on catalog picture it doesn't look like i have that 2004 release and it's not on my checklist either. I have 6 other various Pepsi cards, also missing a 2000 card #7. If that one is available do PM me.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
Closing in on 5,300 cards. Latest 90s additions from the past few weeks:

A Red '98 Donruss sig proof to go with my Yellow preview, only ones ever seen as I understand it.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
What a great 90s trio! A proof, one way more rare than the numbers would indicate and an absolute white whale on most people's list... congrats

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Just re-reading my post - it's a little misleading. The lot I bought was not from that Pepsi set, it was an Alomar lot with this strange looking blue card I'd never seen. So I don't have any others from that set. From what I can find online it does seem pretty obscure, so good luck finding your card. Also congrats on that starting 9 pickup!

Based on catalog picture it doesn't look like i have that 2004 release and it's not on my checklist either. I have 6 other various Pepsi cards, also missing a 2000 card #7. If that one is available do PM me.