Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Randy Johnson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
I would just chalk up the Beckett label info as wrong, whether they were misinformed by the sub-er, or just too lazy to research.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
I'm not sure this is on Beckett. It's a 2001 Card, it's hard to debate that, both from the 20th Ann Stamp and the copyright date. It should be out of /89. There isn't (at least I don't think) and 05' Randy 1989 Recollection. I could see that for some reason either on purpose or by accident there was a 20th Anniversary 2001 card unsigned that was supposed to be /1989 that they never numbered and used, but what was it released from /6? And of those 6, are they all stamped 2001 20th Ann, or where some that and some basic 1989 Donruss?

Ryan
Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I'm not sure this is on Beckett. It's a 2001 Card, it's hard to debate that, both from the 20th Ann Stamp and the copyright date. It should be out of /89. There isn't (at least I don't think) and 05' Randy 1989 Recollection. I could see that for some reason either on purpose or by accident there was a 20th Anniversary 2001 card unsigned that was supposed to be /1989 that they never numbered and used, but what was it released from /6? And of those 6, are they all stamped 2001 20th Ann, or where some that and some basic 1989 Donruss?

Ryan
20th Anniversary would be 2001 since they started in 1981.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
The 20th anniversary ones were numbered to /89.. there's one on EBAY now.. it doesn't have the Recollection Collection logo..

Just the "D" 20th Anniversary logo.

I think the one to /6 is a Recollection Collection that was numbered to /6 even though Beckett has them numbered /1.

Several times Beckett hasn't got the correct cards in their collection..

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
The 20th anniversary ones were numbered to /89.. there's one on EBAY now.. it doesn't have the Recollection Collection logo..

Just the "D" 20th Anniversary logo.

I think the one to /6 is a Recollection Collection that was numbered to /6 even though Beckett has them numbered /1.

Several times Beckett hasn't got the correct cards in their collection..
Got ya on the logo part, thx.

Ryan

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
White whale acquired!

The last game used card type I've been seeking for awhile now is a MLB Logoman patch card. I missed out on some 2009 Unique cards a few years back & finally a few new logoman autos starting appearing in 2015 products, but none ever came up for sale. Then last week this 2015 Dynasty card surfaced and I was able to join him up with his Mariners logo brother. I'd still like to find one that is a normal horizontal patch from a DBacks uniform, but I'm satisfied for the moment.

Logoman cards are in practically every high end product for active players, but remember that they didn't actually start putting them on the back of jerseys until 2000, so guys like RJ played half their career in uniforms that didn't have them.

Image 10.png

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Not sure if I showed this one before..

randy-johnson-auto.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
A lil odd for sure to be bidding that early. The top bidder has bid on like 2500 items recently and no others w this seller it seems. The w under bidders have 20-30% activity w the seller. Curious what it ends at.

Ryan

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I love this card so much, an RJ/Schilling dual auto has been on my want list forever and after several months of consistent offers I was finally able to land this. I still overpaid considering it's a buyback, but I believe this may be the only RJ/CS dual on-card auto with them both as Diamondbacks. There are a few sticker autos and a few on-cards from 2005 but they're in NY & Boston uniforms by then. This is the only dual DBacks card I've seen live or seen on Beckett's checklist (watch Topps release a litany of them now...).

World Series Co-MVPs, there simply is no better pic for these guys' dual autograph

and my super sweet double sketch card of the same image

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Curious if anyone needs these 07 Moments and milestones. They're all /150
4191f4060ccf21fba654858bf35ba95f.jpg

37550470f02dc45b479f92f6c6f48a35.jpg

Bring me your Bickford, Ryan McMahon, Senzatela and Peter Lambert cards

Members online