Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett's redemption card poll. Do you agree?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Beckett conducted a poll asking readers and message board members questions about redemption cards.

More than 750 collectors responded to this question:

"Which company handles its redemptions the best?"

39% Panini
18% Topps
14% Upper Deck
12% Other
7% Leaf
6% Press Pass
4% In the Game

Do you agree or disagree?

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
From what I've seen, Leaf seems to be pretty good when it comes to redemptions, but I've never had a redemption with them

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Winning this poll is like kissing your sister.

Mine or yours?

And about Leaf in the poll. They probably have the fewest per pack and yet still turn them around fastest in my opinion. The problem is probably that fewer people have experience with it hence the low rating. Topps should be negative.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That poll speaks more about the people polled than it does reality.
I don't know, but 750 people is a pretty big sample for a poll.
Do a similar poll on this board, and you'd get about 40 people voting, which is not an accurate sample size.
This board also has a big Leaf following because of Brian Gray's participation.

Dmscards

Apr 2, 2013
Los Angeles
How do ~35 people believe that ITG Has the best service. I would venture a guess that only 3-5% of collectors have opened their product.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Do a similar poll on this board, and you'd get about 40 people voting, which is not an accurate sample size.

Yeah but even then, it would be more indicative of Leaf's redemption habits as we'd have more experience. IMO panini isn't too bad. Topps is so bad I'll literally sell any redemption I get from them now, and I've never even gotten a leaf redemption or UD. I don't buy any ITG stuff so I didn't even know they had redemptions.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

Perhaps you misunderstood me.

I was not implying the scale of the vote was in question but rather it is speaking more about the bias, perception, and singular user experience of the voters rather than reality. For example, I have only heard great things involving LEAF and redemptions, this has nothing to do with bias of FCB participation but rather what I have seen and heard. However, with the poll reflecting 7% it seems to imply that LEAF may be one of the worst offenders when in reality it very well may be one of the best. So what we can conclude is that the poll does not reflect reality but rather personal opinion, experience, bias, and perhaps even ignorance. The fact it was a decent sample size of voters seems to be moot.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
In the real world topps is last (followed by panini) and leaf is first.

I don't carry Itg but I'd assume they are very good

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
^Matfanofold, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation.

When I read the poll results, I was surprised Topps was ranked second.
But then again, 18% isn't high, and a large percentage of those may be votes based on Topps being most collector's favorite company.
Similarly, Leaf is ranked so low because relatively few collectors buy their products, so they've never gotten a Leaf redemption.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
^Matfanofold, that makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation.

When I read the poll results, I was surprised Topps was ranked second.
But then again, 18% isn't high, and a large percentage of those may be votes based on Topps being most collector's favorite company.
Similarly, Leaf is ranked so low because relatively few collectors buy their products, so they've never gotten a Leaf redemption.

Yeah, this is exactly what I am thinking also.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I think you missed a huge opportunity by not making the "do you agree" question a poll.

FWIW, UD has been fine for the 2 things I've ever had to redeem, and one of those was a 1992-93 Shaq RC, of which they printed a million, nothing fancy. Topps I think I did 2 things, one came fine, the other was a 2011 Museum Edition Joe Morgan auto, but Morgan apparently stopped signing cards that year, so they replaced it with Jay Bruce, and I was strangely comfortable with that. It's cute how they still have a team-orientation as to what they think is an appropriate replacement. No experience with the others.

Last edited:

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I agree with Panini - 4 for 4 in sending the athlete that I redeemed. Have 4 others with them that I have strong faith that the athlete redeemed will be delivered.

I disagree with topps' ranking as I'm 0 for 3 in getting the athlete/celeb I redeemed.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Poll is stupid in my opinion because the sample size probably hasn't opened all the options in the poll. I certainly haven't. Plus Topps is a vast majority of redemptions overall. I think a better poll would be rate Topps redemption practice on a scale from 1-10 and see where it falls out. That'd be valuable for the consumer and Topps IMO.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have had quite a few redemptions over the years and I would say my list would look like this..

1. Panini
2. Leaf
3. Upperdeck
4. Topps

Here's my current list of pending redemptions..

Topps:
2011 Topps Triple Threads Triple Threads Unity Single AR of Brian Wilson Pending
2011 Topps Tier One On The Rise Autograph of Ruben Tejada Pending
2012 Topps Platinum Football Auto Rookie Refractor Jumbo Patch of Greg Childs Pending
2012 Finest Auto Jumbo Blue Refractor Relic Parallel of Bernard Pierce Pending
2012 Five Star Five Star Signatures Gold Auto of Sidney Rice Pending
2013 Topps Tier One Tier One Auto Base of Nolan Ryan Pending
2013 Topps Tier One Autographed Prodigious Patch of Yoenis Cespedes Pending
2013 Bowman Platinum Baseball Auto Relic Refractor of James Paxton Pending
2013 Topps Tier One On The Rise Auto Base of Manny Machado Pending
2013 Topps Tier One Tier One Auto Base of Nolan Ryan Pending
2013 Topps Tier One Crowd Pleaser Auto Copper Rose Parallel of Felix Hernandez Pending
2013 Topps Tier One Tier One Auto Copper Rose Ink Parallel of Ken Griffey Jr. Pending
2013 Bowman Bowman Chrome Auto Prospect Refractor of Rio Ruiz Pending
2013 Bowman Bowman Chrome Auto Prospect Base of Rio Ruiz Pending
2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph of Lance McCullers Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation of Kyle Gibson Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Gold Refractor Parallel of Nick Franklin Pending
2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto Purple Refractor Parallel of Cameron Gallagher Pending
2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph of Tyler Heineman Pending
2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph Blue Refractor Parallel of Lance McCullers Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation of Jose Fernandez Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Refractor Parallel of Oswaldo Arcia Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Gold Refractor Parallel of Yasiel Puig Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Gold Refractor Parallel of Yasiel Puig Pending
2013 Topps Chrome Auto Rookie Variation Superfractor of Nick Franklin Pending

Panini:
2012 Panini Black Rookies Gold Signatures Card #146 ( / 99) Houston Texans Jared Crick
2012 Panini Prime Signatures Rookies Prime Signatures Card #211 ( / 199) Matt Kalil Minnesota Vikings
2012 Panini Gridiron Rookies Signature Os Card #273 ( / 25) Green Bay Packers Nick Perry
2012 Panini National Treasures Signature Jumbo Die-Cut Player Card #11 ( / 49) Felix Hernandez
2012 Panini Absolute Spectrum Gold Autographs Card #188 ( / 299) Baltimore Ravens Tommy Streeter
2012 Panini Playbook Rookie Playbook Materials Signatures Prime (die-cut 3)Card #24 ( / 25) Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Blackmon
2013 Panini Certified Freshman Fabric Signatures Card #316 ( / 399) Justin Hunter Tennessee Titans
2012 Panini Playbook Rookies Booklet Gold Card #199 ( / 49) Nick Foles Philadelphia Eagles
2012 Panini Playbook Rookies Signatures Gold Card #104 ( / 49) Denver Broncos Derek Wolfe
2012 Panini Playbook Rookie Playbook Material Signatures (die-cut 3) Card #6 ( / 99) Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks

Upperdeck:
7/20/2013 LOUIS OOSTHUIZEN 2012 SP AUTHENTIC GOLF AUTHENTIC ROOKIE SIGNATURES - LEVEL 2 CD# 110 VARIED #'ING
Athlete committed to signing soon, please be patient.

Members online