Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So is it a good idea to run 7-day auctions that end the Sunday after Thanksgiving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I was thinking of moving some 30-day fixed to 7-auction starting tonight, but then I got to thinking....

• end right between Black Friday and Cyber Monday
• potentially a lot of people traveling
• too much money spent elsewhere
• in the dead of baseball off-season and I'll be looking to do Leaf Memories prospect autos, color

So I'm trying to rationalize one way or the other. Do I try to capture the recent release tailwinds or let it ride 30-day?
Anyone have sales trend impressions?

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Yea I typically list a few things every week to end the next Sunday and am taking this week off. Too many things that might keep people away from eBay.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I don't see why not to end them on Thanksgiving Weekend sunday night. If it's worth having to someone smart, they'll set a snipe bid.

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
With smartphones I think everyone has access to eBay all the time. They could be out of town but it only takes a minute to go on the app and bid.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
With smartphones I think everyone has access to eBay all the time. They could be out of town but it only takes a minute to go on the app and bid.

This is partly my view, yeah. The real question is with baseball being in super off-season mode (meaning off-season, no winter meetings, spring training far away, and football and basketball in full swing) is that too much paired with Thanksgiving and the release of Draft to outshine Leaf Memories sales, which are also new-ish.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts