Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thetoppsvault is having a 2 day 49% off sale on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Just added the Wilin Rosario and Josh Rutledge blank back '13 Ginters to my collection for $5 a piece. If you have an eye on something from the Topps Vault buy it in the next 2 days.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Does everyone consider them true 1/1s? It seems to me that Topps is just taking stuff they have laying around and serial-numbering then "1/1"

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Does everyone consider them true 1/1s? It seems to me that Topps is just taking stuff they have laying around and serial-numbering then "1/1"

I don't consider anything not issued as a "1/1". That term really has no meaning in this area. More to the point, when does Topps ever "serial-number" any of its Vault items?

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Am I the only person who still hasn't had their order shipped?

Well first they send you a redemption.

After you redeem it, wait 4-6weeks and when it still doesn't arrive, call them.

After five hours on hold listening to d Wright, explain your case to a clueless cs rep and a few months later you will get a totally different product you originally bought.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
thanks for the heads up, i purchased a few contracts that were $5 a pop that had Sy Bergers auto on them.

ah man! The only $5 contracts on Black Friday were ones w/o sy berger's auto on them. Sy Berger auto contracts started at $10 in auction format.

So if you snagged sy contracts at $5, they've added some inventory to what they offered on Black Friday's 50% off sale.

As to shipping, they shipped mine a week after Black Friday and the tracking number shows I should be receiving them later today.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
ah man! The only $5 contracts on Black Friday were ones w/o sy berger's auto on them. Sy Berger auto contracts started at $10 in auction format.

So if you snagged sy contracts at $5, they've added some inventory to what they offered on Black Friday's 50% off sale.

As to shipping, they shipped mine a week after Black Friday and the tracking number shows I should be receiving them later today.

yep i got 3 contracts with Sy's auto, one was slightly smudged though. Also picked up 3 Nats blank backs. all my stuff arrived today.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
mine came today. Don't know why 2 of the 4 slabs with trading card items had scratches on it. One would assume these items haven't been sold/repurchased/resold by topps so why aren't the slabs pristine?

still cool items (bought most for the uniqueness or appearance of the item) and now I'm trying to find out info about topps' editing/printing processes so I can get a good picture of how the items I have fit into the work flow of photo selection to proof and printing their cards in the late 70's/1980.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Turns out Topps lost/couldn't find one of the two cards that I ordered.

They refunded $8.50 so I only paid $5.75 for the one that I did get.

If they would have contacted me before they sent it I would have asked it they would substitute it for another on their site. They listed a few cards that I wanted the day after the sale ended.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012

yeah, theyre like fake 1/1's

I don't consider anything not issued as a "1/1". That term really has no meaning in this area. More to the point, when does Topps ever "serial-number" any of its Vault items?

I have a 2013 Ginter blank back Austin Jackson. I also have his 2013 Finest Superfractor, his 2013 Pinnacle Clear Vision Cycle, and his 2011 Topps Platinum parallel. Go find another one of ANY of them. When you find another one of any of those on the market, including the black back, come back and tell me it's not a "real 1/1".

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
Turns out Topps lost/couldn't find one of the two cards that I ordered.

They refunded $8.50 so I only paid $5.75 for the one that I did get.

If they would have contacted me before they sent it I would have asked it they would substitute it for another on their site. They listed a few cards that I wanted the day after the sale ended.

That's a bummer. I bet you could get them to still honor something if you contacted them.

Btw, cool sig block!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I have a 2013 Ginter blank back Austin Jackson. I also have his 2013 Finest Superfractor, his 2013 Pinnacle Clear Vision Cycle, and his 2011 Topps Platinum parallel. Go find another one of ANY of them. When you find another one of any of those on the market, including the black back, come back and tell me it's not a "real 1/1".

By that rationale, Topps can draw a stick-figure of A-Jax on a card, stamp it 1/1, and you'd buy it because it's the only one of its kind. Unique doesn't mean good. The ones in your PC are nice, but leaving the back off of something and then applying a stamp doesn't make it good.

Would you buy a blank-front stamped 1/1?

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
By that rationale, Topps can draw a stick-figure of A-Jax on a card, stamp it 1/1, and you'd buy it because it's the only one of its kind. Unique doesn't mean good. The ones in your PC are nice, but leaving the back off of something and then applying a stamp doesn't make it good.

Would you buy a blank-front stamped 1/1?

I get what you're saying and I totally agree with you, but I think you are arguing desirability (which is totally subjective) whereas I was trying to comment on the card's actual rarity. A stick figure drawing of AJ would be lame, imo, and therefore I wouldn't pay any amount of money for it no matter how rare it was. And part of what would make it lame to me is that I could just as easily draw a stick figure on a piece of cardboard myself...anyone could. Also, the rarity is only there as long as someone doesn't recreate it with a sharpie at home.

With the blank backs, at least the professional quality is there. Imo the blank backs are like a fine art version of the base card...a beautiful photograph framed on a high quality card stock without any distractions like stats or bios or serial numbers. And neither you nor I or anyone else on this forum (short of BG) could produce such a quality looking product in the basement, and so the rarity of these should never be threatened. I'm sure SOMEONE will jump on here and say "I could make it in my basement," but seriously...who's gonna do it!

I don't see how you guys could think that a sample card (which might be exactly the same as a base card + the word "Sample" stamped on it) is so different from its non-sample base version that you deem it worthy of putting on your checklist. Same thing with the recent A&G hidden glossies. Such cards are really just variations. Well, that's exactly what the blank backs are. If you're going to buy all the different parallels for your player and all the different "back" variations, etc., then why wouldn't you want to add the blank back variation as well? Otherwise, if you have a 2011 Tribute base of Robin Yount, why bother getting the red 1/1 if it pops up on ebay? It's the same exact card word-for-word as the base...the only thing different is the color!!!

It honestly has nothing to do with the rarity of these cards because by the statistics, these are as rare as any superfractor. It boils down to the fact that you just don't think these are sexy enough. They don't have a story behind them like the A&G glossies and some of the sample cards out there, and you certainly don't obtain them through breaks as an awesome hit to be seen on Youtube. But that doesn't mean it's not worthy of being called a true 1 of 1. Just say you don't like them because they feel cheesy to you.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I get what you're saying and I totally agree with you, but I think you are arguing desirability (which is totally subjective) whereas I was trying to comment on the card's actual rarity. A stick figure drawing of AJ would be lame, imo, and therefore I wouldn't pay any amount of money for it no matter how rare it was. And part of what would make it lame to me is that I could just as easily draw a stick figure on a piece of cardboard myself...anyone could. Also, the rarity is only there as long as someone doesn't recreate it with a sharpie at home.

With the blank backs, at least the professional quality is there. Imo the blank backs are like a fine art version of the base card...a beautiful photograph framed on a high quality card stock without any distractions like stats or bios or serial numbers. And neither you nor I or anyone else on this forum (short of BG) could produce such a quality looking product in the basement, and so the rarity of these should never be threatened. I'm sure SOMEONE will jump on here and say "I could make it in my basement," but seriously...who's gonna do it!

I don't see how you guys could think that a sample card (which might be exactly the same as a base card + the word "Sample" stamped on it) is so different from its non-sample base version that you deem it worthy of putting on your checklist. Same thing with the recent A&G hidden glossies. Such cards are really just variations. Well, that's exactly what the blank backs are. If you're going to buy all the different parallels for your player and all the different "back" variations, etc., then why wouldn't you want to add the blank back variation as well? Otherwise, if you have a 2011 Tribute base of Robin Yount, why bother getting the red 1/1 if it pops up on ebay? It's the same exact card word-for-word as the base...the only thing different is the color!!!

It honestly has nothing to do with the rarity of these cards because by the statistics, these are as rare as any superfractor. It boils down to the fact that you just don't think these are sexy enough. They don't have a story behind them like the A&G glossies and some of the sample cards out there, and you certainly don't obtain them through breaks as an awesome hit to be seen on Youtube. But that doesn't mean it's not worthy of being called a true 1 of 1. Just say you don't like them because they feel cheesy to you.

My issue is: where does it stop? Multiple 1/1's that can keep coming out of the manufacturer with some form of legitimacy, but after a while, it just seems like Topps is taking advantage of our collecting nature. It just seems insulting to me. I know I shouldn't except some big, grand, altruistic feelings from a large manufacturer, but it doesn't make me happy when they blatantly go for a money-grab. It's the same with all those 1/1's in Topps Moments and Milestones and whatever Upper Deck SP release from years ago. Most of the cards are exactly the same, with effortless minor details and a "1/1" stamp on them. Lame.

Members online

Latest posts